Last ditch effort…please help. Newbie is very out of his element

Probably the safest bet! Can’t be too careful with the crazies that are around the world! Maybe one day we’ll figure something out for a swap :+1:t4::+1:t4:

1 Like

@Trvff lots of people’s names are similar on Instagram, if not almost the same. I found once I located one person here it was easier to find others. Helps when they have the same pic :rofl: I’m sadly one of the jerks who chose a different one but it’s still just a picture of a pot plant. :laughing:

2 Likes

Some people don’t make it very hard ! :joy:
Mine is different as well, trying to keep at least somewhat of an incognito personality :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Graysin @HappyHydroGrower

Day 30 of flower, few buds starting to have some orange ish tints in them at the tips of the pistils. Is this okay?

2 Likes

Yep - totally normal. The first pistils that shoot out will often times brown up while the next round of pistils come up fresh and the buds keep stacking. That’s sorta why pistil color is an awful indicator of maturity. I just wait 6-7 weeks of flowering time and then start checking trichomes with a macro lens.

2 Likes

Wonderful , thank you!

Glad to know it’s all part of the process and just some more of me being paranoid :sunglasses::joy:

2 Likes

Quick check in! Gave the girls their last major trim, and they’re still doing great! Buds are becoming nice and dense on the bigger one, while the smaller one looks like it’s forming more traditional Sativa buds. The room is full of a really rich coffee/diesel smell, but after I touch the buds and really give them an up close smell, it gives off a beautiful sweet aroma , almost like sweet tarts!
I plan on switching these girls to straight water in one week , In anticipation for the chop. One week will make it 7 weeks on the dot, and has an average harvest time of 9-10 weeks. I have been keeping eye on the trichomes with a magnifier as well in case that day comes sooner.

I’m other words, my seed pack arrived, and now have Chocolope, Super Lemon Haze, and Strawberry Cough. They are actually resending me the strawberry cough pack, cause it came crushed, with only one surviving , but they were crazy quick to make right, even though it probably wasn’t even their fault! So I have them to look forward to next!!

3 Likes

That is looking great! You’re going to have a BOM contender.

I can’t wait for you to try the Strawberry Cough.

2 Likes

I really appreciate the kind words, thank you! I’m very proud on how far I’ve come and have yet to go!

First two going in the pots are the Cough and Chocolope! I’d start one of each but don’t wanna push the confines of the tent.

I’m gonna take some better pictures tonight with my wife’s new iPhone , that takes absolutely insane pictures.

1 Like

Lil bit of glamor shots.
@NeoGroR @Graysin

Crazy to watch these seeds grow into seemingly different plants, but being the same strain! I have a little yellowing going on cause I’ve been topping with just water for about a week, leaving the nutrients that were already in there to get used up until I switch them to complete regular water in about another week!

3 Likes

I’m excited for you, really. It’s a great feeling.

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower @Graysin @NeoGroR

So I’m about two weeks out from my chop and just doing some note taking on the process and so came across bud washing. Wanted to know if any of you wash your buds , even after an indoor grow, and if it’s necessary or a preference?

Does it change the flavor and potency? Or is it just an extra step to ensure your buds are healthy and have no foreign debris in or on them.

Thanks in advance :v:t5:

3 Likes

I got the sativa package with chocolope and super lemon haze&strawberry cough. I don’t smoke but my husband does. He really likes them all

2 Likes

I wash every time. I have dogs and dog hair gets on everything.

I do a 5 gal bucket of plain water with 1 cup of 3% peroxide, swish around the branch, then rinse in a 5 gal bucket of plain water, then just hang to dry.

3 Likes

Thank you, I have a long hair cat so it’s probably best I do the wash! Do I do it after I dry, right before the cure OD after the chop before the dry and cure?

I’m excited to pop them! I’m starting with the Strawberry and Lemon , cause I only run 2 at a time.
Happy growing! :v:t5:

I wash, dry, cure. I don’t see a reason to dry, Trim, wash, dry again.

2 Likes

I’ve never washed, but I should have at least twice.

This next harvest will be washed. My last few harvests have had a mildew scent :-/ and this time around …… mites.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll get some peroxide and get ready to wash! :pray:

1 Like

Oh no! Pesky little shits. I had a little lady bug invasion a month or two ago, but luckily they didn’t get in the room with my tent. Just seeing that makes me wanna be even more cautious than I already am!
Definitely gonna wash them, just wanted a little input on how it turns out and how to do so!