Larvae eating seeds

From a fellow grower: seeds that have germinated aren’t growing. Upon some inspection I squeezed the shell enough to open up and found a slimy white larvae of some kind eating the seeds from the inside out. It had a tiny black head/face, elongated neck and body is gelatinous.
Here’s the question: a) what is it? b) where does it come from? c) how do I prevent it? I’ve had a bunch of seeds going nowhere after germination and believe whatever’s eating the seeds from inside to outside and the shell is the problem. And then seeing something eating away from the inside of a mostly closed shell makes me think that it’s something in the seed starter mix I used . One is the “jiffy natural & organic seed starting mix” and the other is “garden&bloome simplest seed starter”
Jiffy being super fluffy and g&b a bit more like potting soil, I mixed them together for a better consistency. Both were pretty much dry and in sealed bags. I’d switched to these as I’d had trouble with the normal raised bed potting soil mix that I use for everything from planting clones into to and through flowering

• Type (fem/auto/reg): fem
  • Climate (indoor/outdoor):indoor just germinated
  • Medium (soil/hydro/details): soil
  • pH of runoff or solution in reservoir: 5.5
  • Nutrient mix strength (EC/TDS): emerald harvest grow @maybe 25-30%'strength , and Pennington ultragreen plant starter mix, also @ about 25% strength
  • Light type & schedule: led daylight bulb 1150 lumens 24hrs on until seedling breaks above ground then 18 on/6 off—but these never got above the surface of the medium
  • Temperatures day & night: 75 degrees
  • Humidity day & night: 39%
  • Ventilation: yes
  • AC: no
  • Humidifier: no
  • De-humidifier: no
  • Co2: no

Never start seeds ina high fertlizer mix. Use rockwoll or ProMix.

Yuo need to research your ideas in regard to what method you want use to grow. Then we all can help you be a successful grower. :slight_smile: