Ladybugs In garden

Found these around the garden, are they good or bad lasy bugs?

1 Like

I’ve never seen Ladybugs that look that, there are no spots on them.

I’m not real familiar with a lot of the bugs you might run into outdoors, but those look more like some sort of “leaf beetle” maybe, or maybe harlequin bugs.

They haven’t ate any leaves yet, I will let you know if they do.

1 Like

They haven’t ate any leaves, and look like they took care of spider mites on another plant.

1 Like

They seem to love the plants and do no harm yet, will keep you guys posted, this is the first I see of these types of lady bugs.

1 Like

I to have never a seen a lady bug of that color before, hey if they eat the all the spitter mites I would let them hang out.

Will

1 Like

Check this out…I had know idea!!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures+of+different+kinds+of+ladybugs&id=D41CF397BC7553E5CAC196A92CEA3EF493E0A26F&FORM=IQFRBA#a

Will

2 Likes

There is alot of them in the overgrown brush,but they come to drink water in our garden and have a snack of two.:bug::bug::+1:

1 Like

You have the best of both worlds…lol

Will

1 Like

Those are Ladybug larvae. The good news is; They eat pests that harm your plant; The bad news is; They do not thrive in areas without pests being available for them to eat.

Once they devour pests bugs, they go away.

1 Like

They lasted a few days jumping around to diffrent plats in the garden, drank water and left, I have keep a water dish full so they come back and vist if they get thirsty. Thanks for the info guys.

2 Likes

A great ladybug thread @Mrcrabs …you’ve been here a while lol…what was it like back them? You were 38 lmao

2 Likes

Oh yea time flies bye growing herb my friend, you’ll enjoy this hobby it’s as addictive as smokin :crab::lady_beetle::mosquito::bug:

3 Likes