Lack of smell in early flowering stage

This unknown variety has been going strong outside for 3 months now. It would seem like the flowering stage is beginning due to the presence of stigmas and very very light trichomes. My question is why does it not smell at all? It seems like at this stage the plane should be putting off some aroma but I bury my nose in it and dont get anything, thoughts anyone?
image image image image

2 Likes

Give it time, few more weeks, and your neighbors will smell it…am in week 4 and it gets stronger everyday, plus I got I carbon filter inside.

You got a month or so to go before it smells like a semi hit a family of skunks in your backyard :slight_smile:

Nice skunks, not the crap smelling ones…lol

4 Likes

It’s still early. You’ll go what seems like forever without really noticing it. Then one day you’ll walk out your door and feel like someone slapped you access the face with a roadkill skunk soaked in lemon oil…

1 Like

(I had a light too close issue, ignore the burnt leaf)
I am still in week 3, and it’s really strange. Some times when I check her, it’s like a skunk is living under the box. Some times, I smell nothing at all? Really weird.

@Zee when did you notice the smell start?

1 Like

@Jstar, senses can build up, in other words,after being away from it for some time, you can pick it out.

@AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie- lmao. Exactly

The aroma for both of you will be holy crap, I can’t wait to harvest. That smell we all love is coming!

1 Like

I always get that inhale in the morning, about week 3.

3 Likes

I find Sativas smell a bit less than Indicas. Especially early flowering.

Don’t worry about it.

Just make sure it gets as much direct sunlight as possible.

6 Likes

I get that one! Opening the door in the morning is beautiful! That smell is great!

2 Likes

Yep! I would open my closet to put my big girl outside and it was like… OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH YEAH! :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

@Jstar, it gets stronger by the day. Amazing plant!

1 Like

I vent directly outside in the summer (no filter). I doubt my neighbor feels the same. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: (legal state).

5 Likes

You’d have to run me off. I’d be drooling at your exhaust vent. :rofl:

2 Likes

As soon as I turn onto my street…

6 Likes

I’d love to make a cologne out of it lol.

Take your thumb and put it on one side of the upper stem and your index finger on the other… squeeze gently and rub up and down a few times. Sniff fingers… what do you smell?
Should smell some terps a bit of dank, it gives an idea of the aroma profile.
All 3 of my Afghans have slightly different dank profiles. The sativa is wierd, its natural off gas is kinda sweet and creamy smelling its stem rub is reminiscent of cat piss and cream. So ???

1 Like

FahhzR9aHCgjC

2 Likes

At the local dispensary they have the whole line of pisses covered. Cat, :tiger2:, cheetah piss. I would totally name is cat piss.

1 Like

It already has a strain name, and since its a pure strain and not a hybrid I would not be ablento rename it in all good conscience. And I know it wont smell like piss when its ripe lol.

My bad thought it was some unknown gem.

no its a johaar from the Himalayas

1 Like