Lack of nitrogen?

Yes, 6-9-?, well for sure in the NPK we know the nitrogen and phosphorous are too high according to these numbers.

Maybe if it was more like 0.06-0.09-?, it might be ok for seedlings, but this is not what is stated. And even later, in my opinion, 24-8-16 is not a good NPK ratio for cannabis.

~MacG

1 Like

What about a ratio for 2-2-2 or 1-2-1 as I do have some startin in soil with those ratios seem to be doing great but id rather be over cautious then not cautious at all

This chart is based on deficiencies or over fertilization, I donā€™t know if it will help but it may even though MacG pretty much covered it

Those arenā€™t bad numbers. Keep in mind Lucas and other common formulas are basically about 1-2-2 or 1-1-2

You rinse and ph first? and start in pellets? hell what am I saying you have had success and grown enough to take right precautions

Thanks MacG I appreciate it, I figured itā€™d be alright but like I said rather be over cautious than not at all, again thank you, Iā€™ll just keep using those numbers and when vegitative hits do you think if the soils were mixed together to equal 3-5-3 that would be ideal for vegitative or would I have to shoot for more of a 7-9-7 ratio

Lol itā€™s all good, yes I do rinse and I ph my water as well, but keep in mind I mainly grow in soil not hydro, and only times I ph my water is about 2 weeks into vegitative and than from the rest of the time until harvest and I start my germination in regular luke warm water, then when root sprouts I put them in 3/4 of a pot of soil and mix 1/4 cup of bat guano in the 3/4 of potting soil, so it makes a good soil, I also add a dash of perilte to help the drainage and help roots keep an even distribution of oxygen through the roots but thatā€™s only starting pots, when they move to bigger pots they get about the same mixture of soil and bat guano maybe a little more guano as they eat and drink more as well as take a little more nutrients when they start getting bigger, and bat guano has always have me good success when I used it until I used to much the other day and fried my little guy lol, stuff happens lol

Either of those will probably work fine for a well developed plant. Keep in mind, the higher phosphorous levels are only really needed during early flower, kind of the transition to flower, otherwise the 1-2-2 ratio is better. If you keep this ratio in mind then you can see double the strength would be 2-4-4 or double again and itā€™s 4-8-8, and for later flower, the extra potassium is what helps swell your buds and is important in their internal development of sugars to drive bud swelling and THC and resin production.

lol but you do prep starter soil which is the key seedlings are very sensitive and if you are using sub cool super soil if I remember only the bottom 1/3 is truly hot the rest is training grounds for the roots as they work their way down.

And also the potassium helps build stress levels as well in flower and yea the phosphate is mainly needed for in flower other than that you should have a higher N ratio than the p-k ratio cause like you had stayed the p-k levels is what helps your plant in flower and help the buds swell and develop properly

I make my own super soil and use it once they are 12 nodes into growth so they are well In vegitative and can handle it I use special soil for seeds like I told MacG the soil I prep and use for my seedlings is either a 2-2-2 ratio or 1-2-1 ratio which is about subliminal for seedlings

Thank you for your help

Poor @jtcruz420 hope we didnā€™t go too far off track for you part of a forum is we get into discussions around a topic confuse the hell out of the first question and sooner or later forehead slap I havenā€™t helped you yet lmao. Try flushing use distilled water 3-4 times as much as your pot size rinse it through but honestly you are best off doing the transplant garrigan and I suggested earlier. Itā€™s your call

Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s a lack of nitrogen, itā€™s the soil period!!
Sorry but seedlings donā€™t need nutrients.
They have enough untill they get their 3rd node or 5th
Node.
Then transplant to their final growing pot. But in this case he needs to do what I posted earlier.
If he donā€™t Iā€™ll even go as far as to say chuck it.
Flushing it wonā€™t workā€¦you canā€™t flush all the nutrients from the soil

So back to my last post gentleman.
Sorry if I sounded rude Donald, Iā€™ve bee aggregated all day. And I told him what to do.
There is nothing hard about it at all.

Will

Easy gargantuan your age is showing lol

Stupid spell correct

You wouldnā€™t happen to be a veirgo would you garg

all good Will I said the same since itā€™s an auto he wanted alternatives :slight_smile:

Nope some times thatā€™s how itā€™s gotta be out I respect your response, but to back to kinda back it up any thing past the 4th note is considered vegitative not a seedling and I prove a good point there

Read I did say transplant is best option :wink: