Kwitmeow trying out Gorilla Glue Photos and Autos!

Hi. So, this is my new grow journal in which I will be following @Hellraiser’s gorilla glue grow journal, and using his methods as closely as possible. I started soaking 2 gorilla glue photoperiods as well as 2 gorilla glue autos yesterday at noon. Today, I’ve been getting the cups ready and will be planting around 1 pm, that way they’ve been soaked for 24 hours. I cut the slots out of the bottom of the cups, and even though they’re not as clean as hellraisers cutouts are, I think they’ll do.

After I plant the seeds, I’ll post another update and pictures. I’m going to tag in everyone I can remember to, so if anyone notices that someone has been left out, please tag them in as well! Thanks! @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @EYE69MYSELF @Geaux_N_Grow @thunder1951

8 Likes

Set to watching! Good luck! What medium are you going to be growing in?

2 Likes

I’ll be watching! Happy Growing!

1 Like

@EYE69MYSELF I’ll be using the Happy Frog soil throughout the grow this time.

2 Likes

Update: I got the cups ready with Happy Frog soil, watered with distilled water that has SLF-100, Sensi Cal Mag Xtra, microbe lift BMC (to prevent the dreaded gnats), and has been PH’d to 6.4. The seeds have been planted and they’ve been placed 34 inches below my Mars Hydro TSW-2000 light, which I have at 25% power for this stage. Any suggestions are welcome!

6 Likes

I’ve had 4 different GG strains including # 4 #1 , sweet gorilla and black gorilla… all were 12 to 14 week flower so be ready fo a wait it’s not uncommon and alot off gg Gene’s arebover hyped and lackluster I will never grow gg again on ither hand there are other phenomenal ggs but I have seen any yet got some good gg bud but no plants were outstanding and stick out in my memory

@fano_man I guess every seed and plant is different. I’ve actually already grown a couple of gorilla glue autos, which was my first grow so lots of mistakes were made, and they actually turned out really good. I’m thinking these will turn out even better since I learned quite a bit from the last round. The autos actually took about 10 weeks of flowering before they were ready, so I’m expecting these to take at least a few weeks longer than that. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Do you remember from pistil showing to flower how long was it… no I’m not saying there isn’t good Gene’s but I’ve seen more disappointing gg plants AND buds but some buds I’ve seen were in top5 all time and some plants I’ve seen were gorgeous… but I’ve seen more non gorgeous and not so great bud the good

1 Like

Let that soil dry out a bit before you plant. It looks really wet to me.

@Bubblehead It was wet, I watered the soil with 3 Oz of water and let it dry for 20 minutes before planting. I’m following @Hellraiser’s grow journal, so I think I’m good. I’ll be following his journal as closely as possible. Thanks though!

5 Likes

With my method of seed starting (in potting soil anyway), it’s wet/dry cycles from the beginning, even in the solo cups. Along with not using domes, I also don’t do the “water a tiny bit every day” method either. I water fully, let it dry, and repeat as needed. It’s not the large amount of water at once that causes over watering in most cases, it’s constantly adding water to soil that is still moist/wet that causes over watering.

6 Likes

Interesting approach. When I started my mentor @raustin used the light watering method. Once I bought in and tweaked it to my style it has worked well for me. Sadly, she has not been seen in these parts for a while.

3 Likes

It’s the way I learned gardening from my grandmother as a child - not with marijuana but with other plants (fill pot with dirt, water til some comes out the bottom, plant the seed and leave alone til dry, repeat as needed - the way people have been growing for thousands of years) and I just naturally did it that way when I started growing bud. Was pretty much the accepted way in most marijuana forums 10 years ago as well (the last time I was involved in forums - took a long break).

It wasn’t til I came to this forum that I saw people doming and giving a few mls of water daily. I thought it was nuts or I came across a strange cult of domers and misters, but if it works for people than great but I never saw a reason to change the way I do things as I don’t see it as an improvement over my way. My way works perfectly for me, I never lose sprouts, if the plant sprouts, it’s generally going to make it to harvest in my gardens.

8 Likes

I with you on that. There is definitely more than one way to make it to the harvest finish line.

2 Likes

I miss @raustin she was such a sweet she taught me a whole bunch in the begining I remember me joined close to same time @Bubblehead

3 Likes

I wonder what she’s doing also…
Hopefully the nuns didn’t catch her… :flushed::shushing_face:
Miss you @raustin:kissing_heart:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

When I think of her and the nuns it brings a smile to my face.

2 Likes

Update time! As of today, all 4 of my seedlings have sprouted! I’m definitely surprised because my last round took 4-5 days to sprout, and this is day 3 of being in the soil! :smiley: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Quick Update. Wanted to post it yesterday, but the site was on “read only mode”. The sprouts are growing steadily. I watered each of them with 4 Oz of water. Here are a couple pics of them, taken right after I watered them.

All four of them:

The auto’s:

The Photo’s:

That’s all for today’s update, but I’m sure I’ll have another one soon! If anyone has any pics of their current grows, please feel free to post any on here, I’d love to see them! Happy growing!

2 Likes

Ilgm Gg fem 20 days from sprout

5 Likes