kw_Bat Journal "DWC and Dirt"

Makes sense! Good idea.

1 Like

Coco is just pure hydro. In Texas it pretty much requires a chiller to keep root rot away. For me, the buckets fill with roots such that they get too dense to allow water in and rot from the center of root mass and spreads outward. So why coco? No air pump. No air stones. No water pump, hoses or tubes. 100% of nute solution is used by plants, so no runoff, no drainages. They get watered by soaking it up thru the bottom of the pots. My first time trying it, so far, so good…

1 Like

Interesting @bryan

Do you have a photo of your setup , that you do not mind sharing?

1 Like

The Coir Explorer is this grow log. Don’t know how to link to it

1 Like

Ill.go check it out. Thanks

The Coir Explorers :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You da man @monkman

1 Like

In Georgia, I have the same problem, UNTIL I bought a chiller

1 Like

@Grandaddy013. Hope a is well you way! Blessings fellow farmer.

I want to make sure I am clear on a statement you made.

Last week.we was talking about my, female Autos, and them.going hermi on me. This is when you commented on, why one would throw away smoke with a few seeds in it.
Then you said, “they will produce female plants”

Did I hear this correctly?

Is this how they make female seeds? Stress them to hermi, then the plant pollinated itself keeping it’s own genetics?

1 Like

I’ll chime in also since I have my Maui x LSD grow going. First, no this is not how they make femenized. Mine is slightly different as my LSD hermed and I used the pollen onto a branch of the Maui. I got some nice seeds on the branch and so far out of 5 plants all are female. The herm trait could come through on all the plants but may not 100% it will. Most tell me to kill the herm seed plants because of this but I like to play around so I am growing them to see what I get. all the seeds can still grow different plants as it is not a stabilized strain. I can see differences in all five of my plants. I believe the chance of being female is greater in my instance of 2 plants being used than your seeds coming from 1 hermed plant but someone more informed may correct me :face_with_thermometer:

You can see mine here Maui x LSD seedlings

i just read up on how fem seeds are made. you have two female plants. one of the plants you treat with colloidal silver every day until male pods show and keep spraying them. until you harvest them because if you stop you will not get much pollen. you then remove the pollen from female plant and spread on another female plant. all seeds from that plant will be fems.
you can get seeds from a “herme” condition, and they will be fem, but you will have herme as a possible effect in that genus. i searched for what makes fem seeds fem, and this came from “how to grow weed easy”
there is more to it, that is just a cliff notes version

4 Likes

This is NOT how they make feminized seeds, HOWEVER, if a female plant hermies and pollinates itself, it will produce feminized seeds. They will however, have a tendency to be more susceptible to going Hermie. Not necessarily the best choice, but not a total disaster.

3 Likes

Sunday Update, 4-21-19

----------------------------------------------------------
Forgive me for the glare that is hitting my camera on the right side causing what looks like a smudge on the screen. I have not figured out what is causing this, so please forgive me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Things where simple this week, or should i say everything has went smooth! TUJ

The Girls are really starting to smell, the NL stinks… the BB smells good to me… :space_invader:

I flooded them on Thursday 4-18-19 around 8pm and they did not see water again until today 4-21-19. I flooded them with the flower nukes and water, they sucked up a gal a piece fast. Those ladies had NO water at all.

Temps Hi in the day was 81, Low at night has been 70

The growth at the beginning of the week seem to stretch a whole lot, we are talking last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. But Wednesday through today “Sunday” the growth has been concentrated on its bud growth, and not in stretch.
You can see the Colas and Bud sites really getting fat. The buds are hard as a rock when you touch them.

Projected flush dat is 5-26 and projected harvest is 6-2, depending on the Plants.

Here is a Top shot

and a` Group under shot…

3 Likes

Sunday Update, 4-21-19

Northern Lights Auto

3 Likes

Sunday Update, 4-21-19

Northern Lights Auto

BUD SHOTS

4 Likes

Sunday Update, 4-21-19

Northern Lights Auto