Kozmoz harvest questions

Hey y’all. Entering week 10 on ilgm autoflowers gorilla glue, cookies extreme, and bruce banner. Last day of nutes was today and now a week of water most likely. I have a microscope, I don’t really see any Amber at this point?.. Y’all think I could wait longer? My main question is that, lots of my leaves tips towards the top of the plant and main colas are getting crispy and totally dry tips. Is this normal? Even the suger leaves , the tiny leave on the colas are getting dry tips and it seems like the dried leaf is going right into the bud also on a few plants. Anyways , is this ok? Probebly won’t cause mold? My humidity is low and controlled. Anyways … check the pics , any thoughts and encouragement much appreciated .

Also… another question, when I do decide to chop… I heard if you don’t water for three days and let them droop so they know they are going to die , this is supposed to rush the resin out, so should this be done with lights out or lights on?

7 Likes

I’ve never heard of rushing them with water . Putting them in the dark , shoving a metal spike into their base stem, and packing snow/ ice around base stem are relatively popular bro science resin boosting tricks and instead of pure water use molasses and Epsom salt water ( assuming you have microbes) it’ll help sustain them through finish and lastly look at the buds halfway down a branch for ripeness it’ll give you a more realistic representation of ripeness since they foxtail less

5 Likes

Wow, I have no idea what you just said, but I really want to do it.

2 Likes

Ok, so you think they can live much longer? Couple more weeks? Or harvest in a week? Also, they are full of fungi and microbes and just finished all the nutrients. They can probably feed off of what’s in soil for a week or so .

3 Likes

I’d give them 2 more weeks max till finish , as they get closer to finish the only thing consuming nutrients are foxtails so deterioration will slow decently besides all that will be cut off later anyways

1 Like

Sounds like good news, so I’ll water lightly for another week or so and I think these 7 gallon pots are totally full of roots! Coming out the top! So, Ive been using Foop, this amazing food, and I’ve been using every day since seed, so this stuff is totally max out with nutes. The soil is so activated, I think it’ll be a nice finish!

1 Like

New to the foxtail term, what exactly do you mean?

Bud growing on top of bud most good strains do it evenly and naturally but usually near the end most start to do it unnaturally since they have no where to use their excess energy

3 Likes

Absolutely they can live longer.
I’m growing the same mix pack and mine will be 13 weeks old in 2 days and I harvested one yesterday and it barely has any amber. But check out my journal to get an idea of how different they can finish time wise.
The times given isn’t exactly perfect and probably going to go the maximum given if not longer.

It’s really about the trichomes and every plant can be different.

1 Like

Cool, so the main thing I’m curious about is the dry leave tips… You said they might stop doing it, it’s not bad, I’m just paranoid … My first grow

2 Likes

Nah if anything it’ll get worse since you’re cutting off nutes but it doesn’t matter you’ll trim it later

2 Likes

Perfect. So I just hit 10 weeks from seed. So I’m thinking I can water another good 2 weeks at least… So, question … I have had them on amazing nutrients, on super high feedings everyday… I just ran out… What’s your theory, are they fine on water for now? I just used a gallon of sweetner in one month!

2 Likes

One of my GSCE kinda started to do that half way through flower and I up the feed and CM and turned my light down and it’s been fine every since. I did so many things at once it’s hard to say which one actually fix the problem :confused:

1 Like

Cool ya… Probebly won’t cause mold or problems… my humidity is low

1 Like

About the light… I have a Mars hydro 650 wat… It’s awesome! I’m on a 20 on 4 off cycle … I have never turned it down… They seem to be ok?

2 Likes

Light wise you did FANTASTICALLY they’re pretty much the perfect size for autoflowers( only way to get bigger is having a freak that doesn’t flip until week 5+)

3 Likes

So what I’m getting out of this is that I got atleast 2or 3 weeks… And still not sure if I should by more sweetner and nutrients? I have a big bottle of organic ionic minerals , that could be most excellent and light ,any suggestions ?

So I’m using a growers choice Roi-e720, at 100% it’s 720w and it was to much the GSCE did like yours and about all the others faded out on top. .
So at 75% it pulls about 460ish watts. And that seems to be perfect in my situation any ways.
Once I switch to 75% power they all started looking much better…

But I was going to say that just looking at them, they look hungry to me :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Maybe the color change is just from the light power? They have been getting tons of nutes! Expensive stuff!

So maybe I should turn the light down at this stage?

1 Like