Koolbloom dry vs ripen

General question…what is the difference between GH Koolbloom DRY 2-45-28 and GH Ripen 0.5-7-6… besides the numbers…do they do the same thing? Can you use or should you use them both?

They are both bud finishers @kgoemaat. I would not use them both together. Be real careful with KoolBloom powder. 1/4tsp per gallon is plenty. Overdoing it will do damage. I’ve made that mistake and it will cause the plant to die off.

3 Likes

Thank you much…that is what we thought but great to get confirmation! Thanks again

One is for the first half of the flowering and the other is for the second half

1 Like

Thanks!

Have you used them both? How much? how often? The same time? Thank you

1 Like

1/4 tsp/gal max. I grow hydro so plants get it every time I flood the table. I don’t use it any more. I found I don’t need it.

2 Likes

Hey @OldSkunk I’ve been use the GH Flora line for a while in my DWC system. I’ve also used it with coco coir.
I haven’t tried the GH Ripen because the last GH Koolbloom Dry bag last so long.
Here’s a GH feedchart for the Flora line I’ve been using.

There is a GH Koolbloom liquid that is also used during early flowering.

1 Like

I used to use GH running the Lucas formula in hydro but I switched to dry nutes several years ago. I run Jacks now. I liked GH but some of the top growers in Bergmans Lab convinced me to switch. It’s nice to have several years worth of fertilizer to grow with at $75 for 25lbs @LateNightGardner

I use them in addition to jacks classic.i run the jacks blossom booster at 1/2 to 2/3 of what directions recommend and I use Kool bloom at the same time also at 1/2 to 2/3 strength and I continue using molasses from seed/clone thru veg and flower

I do this in a mix of peat moss with no additives, good potting soil, and some peat humus

Thanks!

Thanks for posting that. All the GH feed charts on their website now don’t have KB powder. I’m a week or so from time to use it so that helps a lot.

1 Like

Hi @OldSkunk if you were going away for a week would you ever use Kool bloom powder as a top dressing, say 3or 4 days before you left, and if so, how much would you use?

I wouldn’t use anything but water for that week. Whole lot less chance of trouble @VF

1 Like

Thanks @OldSkunk

1 Like