Kiss (keep it simple smoker)

I must say that I have been very happy with the ILGM team and reading all the FORUMs. I have been ordering quality seeds from here for a couple of years and even after my 5th grow I consider my self a NEWBIE because every grow I learn something new. I LOVE the Autoflowers and have had great success with the White Widow, GSC, and these three in the pic I took today are from the Autoflower 2.0 Pack. The one in the back is 5 weeks in and the other two just hit 3 weeks today. I have done the paper towel method every time for germination. I use Happy Frog Soil, Fox Farm TRIO nutes(very little), super pots, led lights,small fans for ventalatiuon one timer and a rubbermaid cabinet. I have been gardening vegetabnles since I was old enough to work in the garden so I do have Green Thumb in my DNA. The best advice I can give any new grower without nukeing it is patience and do not let your anxiety get the best of you, Im the worlds worse about worrying about everything my girls are doing! Keep in mind this is a weed that is very versatile and once you get that taproot and have all the right conditions its honestly on cruise control , dont get me wrong this takes dedication and you will have hick ups, learn from them and you will be amazed everytime you hang those beautiful ladies to dry. I keep that simple as well and also cure in brown paper bags. Once again I am here to learn even more and make every grow better than the last. Its paid off for me, Im a medical patient with a card but have been saving a lot of money growing my own. I’m going to be posting pics of my simple set up and progress until harvest.
I’m glad to be in a group now and not all over the WWW. So much information can be overwhelming. KISS…Peace …

5 Likes

Welcome to ILGM, I’d try to not get water all over them when water and I can’t tell if your leaves are on the dirt or not but if so I’d pick those off to keep it out of the dirt. Also water around the outside of the pot so the roots will reach out there looking for for it. Other than that they look healthy.

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM!

2 Likes

Thank you and you are exactly right about me watering them, I have been using a gallon jug and drilled holes in the lid to make a water can but it did not work so well, made a terrible mess. So I have purchased a true water. Thanks again for the info and help.

2 Likes

Thank you Covertgrower!

1 Like

The day you stop “learning something new” is the day you start becoming ignorant.

2 Likes

100% true. I know that soon I’m going to be taking pH measurements which I have never done or worried about. But I know that by reading the FOURM and looking at the charts I’m shortcutting my crops. Just ordered a ph meter. Excited about what happens when I start making adjustments.

1 Like

Tag any of us if you need us @Dusty

2 Likes

giphy (1)

1 Like

Good eye. Couldn’t tell if it was wpm or water on a couple of the fan leafs

2 Likes

Happy Hump Day Growing Family! (34 degrees here in NC) I’m still not sure how to tag Folks here but wanted to give an update on my Autoflower Grow and thank all of you that have responded. These are one each of Roberts 2.0 Mix Pack, LIke a dummy, I did not label them but I will not make that mistake again since I have gained a little more confidence in my growing. Im looking for input on my Girl that’s 5 weeks in and showing first signs of Flowering. This plant is short and bushy but I am counting over 10 flowers. My concern is the fan leaves are really big ( which I consider good thing ?) Should I pony tail ( just learned that) trim the bottom leaves, little bit of pain watering without really distubing the plant but not a show stopper. I have heard just make them Happy , reach for the sky and grow. should i cut anything to allow more light? I feel dialed in on the nutes , temp, lighting, ventulation etc. This is by far the best grow i have had in such early stages, I want to keep it simple but want best harvest i can get. Thanks in advance! Dusty

2 Likes

I had to google WPM,(White Powder Mildue) its my bad for the way I was watering them.Learned something again, Thanks , Dusty

1 Like

How do I Tag Folks? Thanks! Dusty

1 Like

You just put the @ symbol in front of their name, like @Dusty or @Covertgrower or @Konflict lol, you get the picture.

1 Like

LOL! So Simple, I was Boatswainsmate in the NAVY for 20 years! Be easy on me, LOL

2 Likes

Personal choice on what you want to do and believe. I remove the lower big fans to allow for more air to flow under the canopy. They tend to die during flower anyways bc they are old(first sets of fans to come out). Air flow is important in preventing mold/wpm … let the air move in/out and all around her. Oscillating fans are great for keeping a gentle breeze on the canopy. Tuck or cut any fan leafs that are blocking bud sites or if it’s too dense that light can not penetrate

2 Likes

Thank you Konflict, My indoor set up is in my shop outdoors in a nice cabinet with LEDS with a constant temp at 70F/50% humidity , I work from home so I get to monitor my plants daily. My next question is ? Am I hurting them buy bringing them inside with same temp and using Natural Sunlight? I cant Keep them in the house 24/7 per the BOSS, so I plan on putting back in the cabinet at the end of the day? Differnt light spectrems? Issue? thanks

I’m still a noob at the whole growing thing, but I’m set to watching and will try to help when I can!! It took me a while to figure this site out so dont feel bad.

1 Like

The best lighting source they can receive is the sun. I’ve never done a grow taking them back and forth. As they get bigger, it might do more harm than good moving them around much. Running a risk of breaks/drops/etc. I’ve seen growers with colas so dense and heavy they have to support it from above in a tent. Is there an issue that is forcing you to move back and forth?

No issue really , I can leave them in cabinet 24/7 with my set up, just makes it easier because Im growing in a 36" X 36"X 7ft set up and its cold in my shop for maintence. But I did trim the lower fan leaves and she looks great and will definately get more air under the canaopy. So im going to put her back in the cabinet and let her do her natural deal. I know what you are talking about with the heavy colas, low stress is best. Thanks, Dusty

1 Like