Kingbrite lights

@Nicky I found another forum that had a 55 page thread on Kingbrites. I’m sure I’m not supposed to link another site. I didn’t read the whole thread, the first few pages and the last few.

Question posted by one guy:
"So without spending 10 more hours reading through all 55 pages, can someone tell me are you referred to just 730nm and UV when your stating they don’t last 1/3 as long as white diodes or would you also classify 660nm in that regard too?

I have a kingbrite 3500k with cree 660/730 and LG 395 UV, however recently have been thinking it would’ve been nice to have control over the different spectrums with an app so I don’t have to be physcially present to flip the IR and UV switch. (I’m aware the UVA is kind of pointless and would be much better to get a florescent UVA/UVB) Then I realized it would be nice if a company could make the light push all the wattage to one spectrum if you dimmed the others per say. Theres one light on the market that can do this at about 1400 bucks though.

But I’m still interested in your guys answer to 660nm diodes dying well before white, or is it just 730 and UV?"

Answer from the guy who seems to know what he’s talking about (No clue if it’s accurate)

"That is for IR an UV. I believe 660nm are the around the average 50000 hours.

I just use supplemental red/ir/uvb
I only use red for the last 6 weeks of flower, and I only use uvb for the last 2 weeks. Being able to run them on separate times and not lose wattage from my lm301’s is the main reason I supplement instead of buying a fixture with them."

@Nicky I’m sure the Cree’s are much better than the 660 nm diodes I got with mine, but really given that I was buying 6 units, the $60-70 extra per unit would have added up, and put the whole purchase in question. If it was 1 not as big a deal. I’m kind of thinking for the 2 3000K bloom lights, maybe I should have gone with the Cree, but what’s done is done, and the price is right.

2 Likes