KIND Soil Grow. Let's see if it's all they claim

Oh and what is your ph. Purple stems and yellow leaves together usually mean ph is off.

1 Like

@anon95385719 I was also thinking that but I don’t want to say that it is exactly one thing or another so I thought if the lights were lowered that they just might be looking more perky and if not I would think it would be over watering.

1 Like

Threw me off Bc the soil is dry. But they look like they have been overwatered but I saw mine droop when my ph was off and I had lock out. Looks like it could b the beginning but maybe not could be the lights and transplant too

3 Likes

Sorry if I am clogging up your thread but I keep looking at your pics and seeing new things. Did u pack your soil tight? Around the edges looks like the soil is very compact. U also might want to take a pencil or something and poke holes in your soil the roots need O2 to transfer energy thru the soil. Ok I won’t clog u up anymore

2 Likes

It would also be very hard to over water in fabric smart pot’s because off the great drainage that they are designed to do mate :v:.

2 Likes

True but not impossible. Specially a small plant in a large pot.

1 Like

@anon95385719 this is @SilentHippie journal and it is a very interesting topic that it is been done here and I’m sure that @SilentHippie will explain his reasons for the way he has things set up as he is already an accomplished grower :v:

1 Like

I just went back and read and saw this is his second grow. I thought it was first but I know I had some basic questions my first 3 or 4 grows so please dont take it as though I was talking to u like u know nothing I just know when I started people assumed I knew things and some basic info was very helpful. Sorry if I assumed U to b newer than u r but when people ask questions I try to help Bc so many have helped me.

2 Likes

Oh no @anon95385719 I did not think that at all my friend this is not my thread and I just didn’t want to be answering questions that @SilentHippie will have the correct answer to when it comes to packing soil and things your opinions and experience is really important and appreciated :v:.

2 Likes

It’s difficult to tell sometimes. If this pic is taken right at lights on would be relatively normal.

The node spacing looks about ideal, so I wouldn’t really say there is an issue with the light height at this point based on pics.

4 Likes

@Johnzy81 @anon95385719 @dbrn32
I appreciate the responses. It is true that I have 1 successful grow under my belt but by no means am I any kind of expert lol.

Generally, I take pics shortly after lights on so they do appear a bit droopy and perk up later. The Blueberry has been a little droopier than the Gold Leaf from the beginning.

The top medium is Promix Bx is a mix of coco and peat and is very light and fluffy. That with the fabric pots makes it almost impossible to overwater. Right now they get water twice a week. The Promix stays moist for a couple days and almost overnight will go dry so it makes watering a breeze.

As far as Ph goes, they have always been watered with Ph correct water (6.5 - 7.0). This system doesn’t require watering to runoff according to the manufacturer as they claim it flushes out the nutrients in the soil. We’re going to try to stick to their instructions as much as possible. They offer a discount on future orders for linking grow journals so if it is successful, I may be able to get a break on future orders. I’m reserving my opinions until the end, mainly because it’s the finished product that we’re all interested in. Thanks. :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

@SilentHippie I’m definitely here till the end my friend :v:.

2 Likes

Please, continue to offer your suggestions. I’ve never grown this way either and I’m just seeing of it works. Some of the instructions are a complete departure from what I’ve learned from my last grow and I’m just doing a comparison.

4 Likes

Good morning folks! Our Kind Soil grow is moving along nicely. The roots must have hit the hot soil because growth has been explosive over the last couple days. We’re 8 weeks from sprout and 2 weeks from transplant. I’m going to try to veg these two for 6 more weeks but we’ll see how the space looks. I’m pretty much going to try to fill the space as much as possible and flip. I’m not sure yet if I’m going to scrog or just lst.

Thanks for stopping by!:sunglasses::v:

21 Likes

They really have exploded @SilentHippie I’m really interested too see how far the Kind soil will bring that you said we will see thanks for posting mate. :v:

1 Like

Looking good so far. Thanks for the update! @SilentHippie

2 Likes

Looking very good! Girls are growing quickly!

2 Likes

Good morning folks. I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4/20.

We’re 3 weeks from transplant and the girls are loving this soil.

Here’s the blueberry fem from ILGM. Looking good.

Our gold leaf, also from ILGM, is doing well also but more of a steady, controlled rate.

Both are very bushy from the topping and I’ve started LST on both.

I’ve pinched and bent over the two main colas.
I used pipe cleaners to spread the lower branches out and attached them to the sides of the fabric pots. I’m trying to open them up a little.

They got water today and they each took a gallon. I probably won’t need to water again for 3 or 4 more days.
Thanks for stopping by!:sunglasses::v:

18 Likes

Looking good.

2 Likes

Hello folks. It’s time for our weekly update.

We’re a month from transplant and on cruise control until flip. I think I can go the full 8 weeks of veg like I was planning. The girls look great.

I think I’m going to just go with lst instead of scrog this time. I like being able to pull them out to water and inspect them.
Our Blueberry

And the gold leaf

They’ll probably get water tomorrow but other than that, the soil is feeding them nicely. Thanks for stopping by!

15 Likes