KIND Soil Grow. Let's see if it's all they claim

Should be. Some a little more so than others in pro mix line I think

2 Likes

I’m a first time grower, OG KUSH. I used cyco platinum as the base and kind soil on top in a 7 gal black plastic pot.

My first watering I just about “flushed”. I didn’t water again for another 8 days. Plant is healthy and growing nicely.except for a few leaves that look burnt and curled at the tips. My soil moisture meter always says wet so I go by how the soil feels and how the plant looks.

I apologize if I should have started a new topic, newbie…

5 Likes

Hi there and welcome to the forum @budsnopain, I have never used Kind Soil but is it not supposed to be in the bottom off the pot or can it be done this way also, I would think its the heat off the soil on top is burning your leaves as I said I’m not sure but we will find out for you that’s what this forum is all about @M4ur @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj @garrigan62 any opinions folk’s :v:

@Johnzy81 @budsnopain
Feel free to continue the discussion here. The more information we can exchange, the better this grow will go. Any experience with these soils is welcomed.

2 Likes

update
I felt the soil this evening and its drying out nicely. Still a little moist for being watered 2 days ago but the girls are no worse for wear.

2 Likes

@SilentHippie I apologise this is your thread my friend I should off tag you for your help :v:.

1 Like

Thanks! I have the coco at the bottom and the Kind Soil on top.

I’ll give more details about my set up later

3 Likes

Good morning growers. We’re at 4 weeks from sprout and the girls are doing great. I made a slight change to my exhaust and vented it back into the tent. My temps were in the low to mid 60s before and now are in the mid 70s. The girls have both taken off and will need transplanted this weekend.

I’ve got the watering down for the most part. It seems the promix will stay damp for a few days and then go dry really quickly.

17 Likes

Morning. Looks great. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Glad you got this temps up @SilentHippie I’ll be doing the same with mine.

1 Like

@Covertgrower
Once the 600s go in the tent, I’ll vent it normally. Our plants are really responding to the increase in temperature. I’m going to need to water tomorrow. The blueberry is thirsty and the gold leaf is finally catching up.

7 Likes

Hi all! It’s time for the weekly update in our Kind Soil grow. I transplanted our Blueberry and Gold Leaf into their 5 gallon fabric pots on Saturday.

One thing I’ve noticed, the girls told me when it was time to transplant. The bottom leaves started to yellow as the nutrients in the seedling pots were used up.

Here’s the young ladies in their final home.

I’ve made some adjustments to the environment on Monday. With the bigger pots and the initial watering, the Rh shot up to 78% with the exhaust fan vented back into the tent. I vented the tent outside once again and it brought the humidity back down but then the temperatures dropped into the 60s. Out with the 300 watt leds, in with the 600s. Brought the temps up to the 70s and Rh is back down into the 40s.

I gave them a couple days to get adjusted to the transplant and never showed any signs of stress so I topped them yesterday. Now we’re just waiting for them to pick back up.

Thanks four visiting and feel free to comment.
:sunglasses::v:

16 Likes

Looking great @SilentHippie still following along.

2 Likes

They are looking great @SilentHippie, looks like the kind soil is doing its job so far I am really interested in this way off growing, can I ask you how much off the kind soil is in your 5 gallon pot’s?

2 Likes

@Johnzy81
The soil comes in a premeasured 5lb. bag for a 5 gallon pot. The bag took up the bottom third of the pot, topped off with Promix Bx. Minus the 1/2 cup or so I put in the bottom of the seedling pots.

3 Likes

Thank you @SilentHippie I’m following along good luck really hope it’s a big success :+1:.

2 Likes

You used a different soil up to this point correct? And now other than root ball entire pot is kind soil?

1 Like

@dbrn32
Same soil as the seedling pots. Kind soil in the bottom, topped off with promix.

2 Likes

So not just pormix on its own at the start @SilentHippie would the kind soil not be to hot for seedlings mate?

3 Likes

@Johnzy81
The system is designed with the kind soil in the bottom so the roots can grow down to the hot soil. The theory is, the roots will only grow into the soil as nutrients are needed.

2 Likes