KIND Soil Grow. Let's see if it's all they claim

Definitely still looking really good @SilentHippie do you expect all or most of the nitrogen to be mostly used up before the end of flowering? I’m not seeing any deficiencies at all based on your pictures. Awesome grow.

4 Likes

Wow, they look excellent!

3 Likes

My main concern was nutrient depletion later in flower but I read another journal where they had the same concerns, vegged shorter and harvested with no problems. After they pulled the root ball, about 1/3 of the Kind soil barely had any roots in it so I went with an 8 week veg. I am noticing both plants have purpling stems which could be signs of magnesium deficiency. I’m going to keep an eye on them but so far, I’m not too worried.

3 Likes

The limited experience I have, and a lot of journals I’ve followed, I would consider genetics before a deficiency for purple stems. @SilentHippie I typically do about an 8 week veg myself. Thanks for responding.

3 Likes

My Northern Lights from my last grow had purple stems from start to finish. Everything else seems on track so I’m not going to sweat it just yet.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I just can’t believe how good they look! :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I’ve had a couple of plants with the purple stems throughout veg and flower and no noticeable effects on the plants yield or growth!! @SilentHippie Cola’s look sweet!! Soon to be Bud City!!!

4 Likes

I’m all out off likes but you know what I think when it comes to all your are doing, your lady’s are full of beauty mate :v:

1 Like

Good morning growers. Kind soil update, week 4 of flower.

Our plants are finally showing signs that their life cycle is ending. Leaves are turning colors, yellowing and spotting up. The Kind Soil website tells me this is perfectly normal.

Blueberry fem from ILGM

Gold Leaf fem from ILGM

As you can see, buds are fattening up and getting frosty. The only thing you folks are missing is the smell. Both smell amazing. I’m anticipating 3 to 4 more weeks to harvest. Trichomes are still mostly clear with some cloudy and both are still throwing up white pistils.

On a side note, some of you may have read in another thread that I’m taking the Quantum Leap!

Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt XL Quantum Board LED Kit V2

Ordered last night and can’t wait for it to get here!
Thanks for stopping by :sunglasses: :v:

24 Likes

You are going to enjoy the new light and your babies will love you for it. Great job on your plants and I hope they provide you plenty good smokes

2 Likes

Congrats on your new qb, you’re gonna love it.

2 Likes

I think you’ve convince me to invest in some of that Kind Soil! :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Definitely have to try this soil next. Looking great!
What’s your PH going in?

1 Like

Don’t forget to get credit!

4 Likes

i may do a side by side with dtw coco…

3 Likes

Wow! Gotta try the kind soil! Set to watching.

2 Likes

I have an hlg 320 xl and I absolutely love it. You’re not gonna regret the purchase. Our grows are almost at exactly the same age and I couldn’t really be happier with the density I’m getting. Godspeed to harvest!

5 Likes

@FNG101v2
I’ve watered between 6.5 and 6.9 ph the entire grow. Since this method doesn’t require runoff, I haven’t measured runoff consistently but the few times I did, we were steady between 6.4 and 6.8.

4 Likes

I’m finishing up my first grow using living soil and it didn’t go so well for me. I might try this soil next and change a few tactics I used.

2 Likes

@FNG101v2
I still have a few weeks to go but, so far, I don’t see a simpler method to growing. If I can get 1/2 lb from these two plants I’ll consider it a success. This is the perfect way for a new grower to get their feet wet in this hobby.

2 Likes