Kief sifting boxes

How to build a kief sifting box

2 Likes

I use bags, but you could probably build a box. Any handy sized, rigid box with a 75 or 90 micron sieve will get the job done. There are plenty of 75 micron sieves on Amazon. I’d probably use 1x4 untreated lumber. Screw them together to form a box and glue or staple the sieve to the bottom of the edges of the box and voila.

I did see boxes on Amazon, but they were $130. You can probably build one for ~$20.

3 Likes

Im buildiñg mine out of red cedar. You can use any type wood you want. My box measures 10 inches by 10 inches square. Im using 1x10 for the lid, 1x8 for the bottom, 1x4 for the sides, 1x1 for the screen frames añd a 1/2inchx 1 inch rip to cover screen staples. Im usiñg both 75 micron and 200 micron for the screens. I 45 degree miter cutted the sides. I have almost $50 in each box. You can cut them square if you like. After cutting the pieces you must sand them with 220 grit sandpaper. Remember to sand with the grain. After sanding wipe your pieces clean with damp cloth. I nailed mine together. I want mine to look nice so im going to polyurethane it so it will have a slick, glossy finish. Thats my next step. I will post more pictures soon. Happy growing

6 Likes

These are great. The screens are replaceable for 20 bucks and a few screw twists. The bin fits on your lap and has molded edges for your arms to rest. I like it a lot. They are for sale used all the time on Craigslist around here.

@Dj351, your boxes are beautiful. Definitely an art to woodworking. Those look great.

8 Likes

I ended up puttiñg3 coats on lid top and bottom of box. Almost done with poly. Not far from being finished. Happy growing

2 Likes

All thats left is epoxying a pot leaf in the brass ring.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The leaf is the best final touch. It’s classy too on those pretty boxes. Nice work there

4 Likes

@noddykitty1 @RPgrower @Fatz1973 thanks for your wonderful comment. I am so happy you like them. I have 4 sold already. They come out on ebay within 2 weeks. Im getting $225 with the leaf and $195 without. The leaf is set in epoxy and will stay green forever.

3 Likes

@Dj351 thanks for the tag my friend. Yes I love the cedar boxes I love the beautiful red and creamy colors I love the shiny finish. And I really love the cannabis leaf on my lid. I think the price for such a hand built Relic is very reasonable. And I can’t wait to receive mine so I can try it out. Have a great day my grow Bros. :grin::grin::v::v::v::raising_hand_man::beers:

4 Likes

Did you know that ilgm has a classified page now? I can put my boxes on there once i get on ebay, hopefully by tues. Happy growing

1 Like

Yeah, it seems like a good idea.

I tried to give away all my old MH ballasts, hoods, S vapor ballast, and old but new in box bulbs. In a thread. The moderator got mad and said I had to sell it on the market place.

I just threw it up on Craigslist for free. Gone the next day.

1 Like