Kicked my Butt!

So I came on here in January and my first grow failed due to a bad ph meter I had and my “no knowledge” problem. I then grew a WW fem in soil and it was a success. I harvested dried and aged my 5 oz production for almost a month. My last day of work for the summer was this past Friday so I don’t have to concern myself with random drug tests.

It has been more than 30 years since I smoked. I am 63. I first tried to roll a joint with some RAW papers I bought…used to roll quite well. That skill must be worked on again. What I rolled was not smokeable. I then took a pinch after grinding a bud down and loaded it into the bowl of a new pipe I bought. Took a big hit and it was VERY tasty but my lungs were not ready for it and I coughed pretty good for a little while. I lit a second hit and was much more conservative and the smoke was very tasty and I had no problem holding it. Within a few minutes I felt the first effects. They grew quickly into a full body high. I eased myself off the back porch and into my TV chair. I had a baseball game on. Soon I could not move. My wife brought me some ice tea and it took all of my energy to draw a few sips into my dry mouth. Good would not describe that tea. Great could still not describe the tea. She gave me a few crackers that I also enjoyed followed by more of the tea. Time stood still. It was a bliss I had long forgotten.

To say I was overwhelmed with the quality of what I had helped produce would be an understatement. I cannot describe the feeling of accomplishment. This site has been fantastic and the help I have received here cannot be overstated. Thank you so very much.

My concerns…My ass was melted for about 3 hours that Friday night. I went to bed early. I was straight again when I woke up. Will I ever be able to function on this weed? Will the effects settle a little? How can I reduce the numbing high to a mellow buzz (if possible)??Based on the first consumption here, the 5 oz will be a lifetime of weed!

I am a noob to the world of Cannabis as the stuff I smoked back in the 70’s we called it Grass and I guess it was!

8 Likes

lol thats too funny dude it will get bettter lmao :v::joy:

2 Likes

That’s too funny :joy:. There are ways to time your harvest to get whichever type of buzz you like. Earlier harvest for that work-in-the-garden high, later for that melt-your-butt buzz. The trichomes will tell.

Meantime, start by only smoking one hit and waiting 20 minutes you can always smoke more. If I know what I have is couch lock stuff and I have things to do I make sure to get started right after the smoking instead of letting it soak in. But I have been a daily smoker since 1969 (unless it was the dry month of July) so my tolerance is up there with Tommy Chong.

Now I am really looking forward to starting my WW grow.

3 Likes

In the same boat with you. Started in 1968 and never stopped. Loved his story, I just smiled reading it!

3 Likes

Great story but like someone said earlier it will get better…:grin:

1 Like

Both you guys have me in stitches. :joy:

1 Like

Seems like I’d have to quit for a week to get “junior high high” like that again. :joy:

1 Like

First time I smoked the guy rolled it in mimeograph paper (smell it before you read it paper). Then he yelled at me for wastin it when I coughed.

1 Like

I guess I smoke too much. I had to do 10 days in jail back in December for a paraphernalia charge after getting stopped for no seatbelt.

I had my son roll a joint for my wife to bring me for the ride home. WOW ! But still not the same as I remember from my high school days.

1 Like

I agree with stomper, since it had been so long for you, you had (what I call) gotten your high back.

As you start smoking on a regular basis, you will start to build up a tolerance against it. Some people say there are strains that we don’t build a tolerance for, but I haven’t found that strain yet.

I usually burn a bowl to myself. Family will come over sometimes and get in on the bowl. :grimacing: it’s not that I don’t like sharing. That’s another bonus to growing your own! The look of wonder that they get knowing you grew that!

My tolerance for my weed is one bowl. They take their hits and then look at me stupid when I start packing another bowl. They don’t have that same tolerance that I do even though they are regular smokers as well.

Your stash will end up going faster than you expect at this point in time. Especially if you get excited about sharing your results like I do!

Great job! I hope to see many more!

2 Likes

@taleone that’s it buddy , the ability to grow great , strong , organic bud that soothes the mind , spirit , and body . Great job my friend and happy toking !!!

2 Likes

Right with you dude. Used to smoke in the 70’s. I made a trip to colo as soon as it was legal. Had all kinds of plans to hike and so on. All I did was sit on my hotel balcony the entire trip. And what a trip it was.
I’m just now flowering my own.
I just use a hitter. One or two hits is all I need.
Like they suggested just do a toke and wait 20 minutes for the next. Doubt you’ll need more than that

1 Like

I stopped in 95 work had too many tests and started again this year after an accident at work.
First time this year I filled a vape and went inside to watch TV with the wife all I could hear was my heartbeat and I was stuck on the chair fighting off that panic feeling hoping my teenage kids didn’t pick anything up lol it was just like hoping your old’s didn’t pick it up after coming home too stoned :slight_smile: It got better over time.

1 Like