Kerri's wild grow (First grow)

I wanted to keep mine in water, but I was told it would get waterlogged.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a fan. I soak seeds in a cup of distilled water with a dash of peroxide. Once I see a taproot they go into coco and kept under a dome. Solo cups with a gazillion holes in it and a clear one for the dome works great.

2 Likes

do you think he should remove it from the paper towel and soak in water with a dash of peroxide? since his paper towel has gome dry with no root?

Iā€™d re-wet and place in an open sandwich bag. Thatā€™s typically what growers do with their seeds in paper towels. Good chance those arenā€™t viable anymore though.

1 Like

Iā€™ll let it go for another day and see what we get. Thank you both so much!!

Iā€™m also a Lady my friends.

3 Likes

my bad, keep us updated and happy growing :grinning:

Did the seeds ever sink or did they float the entire time?

When Iā€™ve done the paper towel method, I dampened the paper towel put seeds inside a folded paper towel, then put the whole deal in a sandwich bag so it didnā€™t dry out. Before sealing the bag shut, I made sure there was plenty of air in the bag. Then I would put a paper plate on top of the hot water heater or the lampshade of a low wattage bulb ( back then it wouldā€™ve been a 40-60w incandescent bulb.

I almost always had good luck with that method. However, since getting back into growing, Iā€™ve read many different methods on the forum. Some people use a little hydrogen peroxide in their water, etc.

You could type in ā€œgerminating seedsā€ in the search box and read lots of good methods. I donā€™t know that one may be superior to another because everyone seems to putting out some lush greenery.

1 Like

@Syndrix They sank then floated.
@DeadW8life Iā€™ve been researching. Its just seeds are expensive.

I put the seed in a few layers of soaked paper towel, then place that is a chinese food plastic container on a heat mat. They will sprout in no time.

2 Likes

Maybe skim the thread below for more information before you start more seeds? Good luck!!

I always make sure the paper towel is nice and damp, seal it in a zip lock bag and place in the dark on a warm surface. Within 2 days you should have a tail at least a 1/4ā€ tail,

5 Likes

As @Myfriendis410 said, the light may say 350 watts but Iā€™d dig alittle deeper and determine the actual watts. Easy way is download photone app on your phone and do some testing. Compare to other name brands and youā€™ll see the difference he was talking about. What you have my friend is called a Blurple. We all made this mistake and upgraded lighting fairly soon after. My advice is to let it go for a little bit, but plan to buy another light as soon as possible for late stages in the plantā€™s life.

Itā€™s a pretty popular and good soil choice. Just know it has nutrients in it already and you should be good for about 4-6 weeks without feeding. I would supplement calmag as soon as they start growing fan leaves.

2 Likes

Typically what I do. Kerp it in a warm dark place and spouts in 24 to 48 hrs.

1 Like

So, I checked on her this morning. The towel keeps drying, but, the seed looks a little different today. So perhaps I freaked out over nothing?

2 Likes

Are you keeping the bag sealed and in the dark? Iā€™ve never had one dry up before??

1 Like

No bag, itā€™s just laying in the tent.

:point_up_2::point_up_2: Needed to keep the seed moist with darkness and temps around 80

3 Likes

Possible, it happens a lot with first time growing,

Iā€™ve only grown 2 times, I had one seed that took 5 days to do anythingā€¦

1 Like

How is it a wild grow in a tent? Are you moving them outside?

1 Like