Keeping consistent environment

Hello. Just wondering how to keep a consistent environment while also having to run the exhaust fan every 3 mins? Am I missing something, cause it just doesn’t seem do able with the fan running every 3 mins.

Growing in a 4x4 tent.

IMO, that’s a loaded question that’s hard to answer. I had a 32”x32”x63” and managed to get it under control. Now I have a 5’x10’ and have managed to get conditions under control. It’s an ongoing challenge, I think most growers face. If you can supply us with details of your setup and grow, I’m sure there are more than enough folks here to help get things in check or at least growable.

Not sure why,

There are lots of ideas.

Good luck and feel free to tag someone if we can help. :v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Okay, got a 4x4 running with a 4inch exhaust. 4inch intake fan. Just keep readying that you should have new air exchanged in the tent every 3 mins is that not correct?

Now with what you said maybe things aren’t that bad but still feel like its slow growth.

Here is the tents temps and humidity

1 Like

It’s easier to dial in turning fan down to a constant clip and balancing humidifiers and dehumidifiers if necessary… when you have on off every couple mins you’ll get spiking everytime… it’s just like your question says consistant environment cant be maintained some of the times… all your devices kinda need to be working in sync … fan should be constant and dehum and humidifier should be on sensors that’s the easiest way imo

4 Likes

Conditions depend on a lot of different factors, type light, tent, growth stage, fans, and exhaust fans… etc. As seedlings, exchanging air within your groom room may not be as important as when in late veg or even more so during flower. Think about it this way, if it’s comfortable to you, inside your grow room, then it probably is for your plants also.

Not sure that’s going to be enough fan if you have a full tent. Is it optimal? Probably not. Can you still grow? Probably so. I believe I would think about another fan, at least a 6” fan.
I use my fan speed as well as my dehumidifier with a hose hooked up to my intake to help control the environment.

There are a lot of different ways to do this. If you could fill out a support ticket to help you better, we will be more than happy to help.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Age of plant
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
PH and TDSof Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
method used to measure PH and TDS
Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
Actual wattage draw of lights
Current Light Schedule
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
If growing Hydro some additional questions:
DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
Temperature of reservoir
TDS of nutrient solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed === NA
Age of plant === 12 weeks
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF === FFOF with Greenleaf Megacrop and sweet candy
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots === 5 gallon pots
PH and TDSof Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) === 6.2 - 7
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable === 500 - 900
method used to measure PH and TDS === Blue labs Ph pen and EC reader
Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space === indoor 4x4
Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other === LED Truenorthernlighting 235w, about to be moved under Spiderfarmer 400w
Actual wattage draw of lights === 400w
Current Light Schedule === 18 -6
Temps; Day, Night === 22c - 25c
Humidity; Day, Night === 35 - 64
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size === 4inch intake and exhaust… 10 inch oscillating fan
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, === humidifier with sensor.
Co2; Yes, No. === no

1 Like

have 1 big girl and 3 girls that just hit 3 gallons from solo cups yesterday. 4inch exhaust seems to good for veg, forgot to mention that they got moved into a 4x8 tent under the 400w spider farmer all by herself.

1 Like

I gotta say I ran 2 10x10s full swing… one sucked from veg room and dumped into flower room and also another sucked from flower room and dumped outside… no issue

1 Like

I ran an 8” supplying 2 tents. 1 for veg and one for flower! Consistency is key. 8” exhaust pulled air through both tents and then recirculate it!
I afraid a 4” is prolly to small.

1 Like

You can do it with a 4” vent if you run your fan at full tilt in a 4x8. I’d sooner go with a 6” or 8” and run it at a lower speed. Less noise and you have some overhead if you need to crank it and exhaust the room in a hurry.

3 Likes

What @Deez said! :point_up_2:

1 Like

have a 6inch for the 4x8 that goes right outside. The 4inch just exhausts in to the basement

2 Likes

Yes mine were 4inch for 2 10x10s … I would add another if necessary but I wouldn’t go up in size… the volume of air moved is exponentially larger with 2 inches additional diameter

3 Likes