Keep Waiting or Chop?

I’m at the end of my grow and it’s always the hardest part for myself. Leaves arent quite dying yet but tricomes look good cloudy with a mix of amber… Not sure if I’m seeing the bud or leaf thou. Pistols are def. 70-90 percent red and unless I’m crazy I see a brown tent coming along. I guess I’d like to see the leafs yellow before I say okay. Tell me what ya think! Thanks.

5 Likes

Natural light would be very helpful. There appears to be amber (meaning: chop chop) but it’s hard to tell under that light.

You’ve got some great looking buds.

1 Like

Here is just white lights…

2 Likes

Personally I feel in needs more time. I still see plenty of white colored pistils. But looking good so far.

7 Likes

Trichomes are pretty cloudy and with a mix of white and amber pistils. It depends on your taste. Probably approaching max THC soon.

1 Like

I actually think the one on the right is done as those leaves are starting to wilt and the other is not. Maybe a good time to experiment with quality and turn out… The strain is power plant.

3 Likes

I agree with above: looks like 1 to 2 weeks more. You have white pistils showing growth but they are erupting from late flower foxtails. I think you could harvest any time but you likely will bulk up a bit more in the next week or so.

4 Likes

My first experience with Power Plant was Dec 2003 in Amsterdam. A 1/2 joint knocked me out for over 3 hours and a puddle of drool on the pillow. First ever high.

5 Likes

I would harvest pretty quick, but that’s just my taste at the moment. I’ve got enough “couch-lock” and high THC weed and hash to last me a year.

I’m looking for the “energetic, speedy” high from my next harvest and will cut them at this point or maybe just a few days later.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy Grow some GSC. :+1:

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 are you saying 1 to 2 weeks more with one on the right with wilting leaves and tons of red hairs?? Or both??

1 Like

@MrPeat I actually have some girl scout cookie extream seeds! I’m gonna take your word and start those next. I have some clones that are taking off from this batch of power plant. Prolly be ready for bloom right after drying and curing.

1 Like

@Silasbotwin3 I find it to be a pretty energetic strain. It leans more to a energetic high and I don’t recommend smoking before you want to go to bed. It’s a solid strain that doesnt disappoint. :+1::+1::+1:

I got 8 z’s dried and cured off my GSC Beast as I have called her.

3 Likes

Very nice, a good harvest of Bud’s I vote give it just a little more time week or two let them fatten up just a little more I still see white pistils. Good luck finishing up

3 Likes

I’m going by the look of the flower in natural light that you put up. Can’t really see the one you are referring to.

1 Like

The main cola in the hand clearly shows that one is at least not ready for a couple of weeks. I was going to say 1 or 2 weeks in my original post. I decided to leave picking the time frame by growers with more experience than me. :+1:

@Myfriendis410 so the one with my hand behind it above doesnt have any dying leaves plenty of white pistols and tricomes are hit or miss. With some researching of this forum I find that tricomes show up amber on the leaves earlier than the bud. With that knowledge I’m more positive that, that plant needs a bit more time. Where as the other with dying leaves has mostly all orange hairs and is really close if not finished. ( third set of pics. ) this part is such a struggle. I dont have the drying space to harvest separately!! I could throw a third tent in the room but itll get tight and I wont be able to control the environment as well. Want to harvest at the same time…

2 Likes

That’s always a problem trying to balance multiple plants with a single harvest. You may have to go a bit late on one and early on the other.

3 Likes

I’ve got a Blue Mystic and a Durban Poison that are probably going to be 2 to 3 weeks apart.

One of the reasons I put in both a veg tent and a flowering tent.

Make sure your checking the trichomes on the flowers. The pistols really have no influence on when to harvest. This is what one of mine looks like and I think I still have 2-3 weeks left. I will be checking trichomes closer tonight after their sun rises.

4 Likes