Keep seed plugs moist?

From a fellow grower:

I am in my week two of my very first grow ever. I have a question on the plugs that the seeds were put in at the start. Do these have to stay moist throughout the whole process. I noticed when I changed the water that there are roots (that look like strings) that are in the water. Do I have to add or transplant at some point or will this be enough to support the plants? I got five of the Gold Leaf seeds and they are all doing well! I am also using the CO2 green pad. Any advice will be welcomed. Thanks you!!

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?
Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

When you fill this out we can help a little better and help narrow down what’s going on

Keep the plugs moist. You did not mention how you planned to grow them. If you are showing roots; I advise you to consider transplant for veg cycle. :slight_smile:

Latewood I was about to say sounded to me like they planned to grow them in seed starting plugs but had to do double take to wait for a logical answer? Since I was pretty sure I was mis-reading?

The strain is Gold Leaf Feminized seeds. I think auto flower. I am growing indoors in a crop box than has the six containers in a gallon water box container. I am doing Hydroponics. PH is 6.0 and is nutrient mix of 1 1/2 teaspoons of Grow and 1/8 teaspoon of Cal Mag this week. Not sure what the temp is or humidity is. The lighting is the grow bulbs from the grow box kit. It is in the second week of the grow cycle.

It seems that the plants would just stay in where they are through the entire cycle but I was just making sure. Since I am a real newbie I am just making sure. I have 5 plants growing that are about 1-2 inches high already.
I am also using the CO2 green pad.

Like I said just looking for any advice to help me along this process. Thanks for any help.

can you clarify are they all growing in a 1 Gallon res is this a DWC set up or ebb and flow? 3 Gal per plant would be about the min I would use for DWC even ebb and flow this sounds extremely small?