Keep it up or take it down?

@anon86641082 you can put a few small holes in the plastic to drain it. First find where it pools up then poke a small hole at the lowest point and let it drain . The plastic tarp on top of my greenhouse catches water and sags right in between the two plants and on the ends. I poked holes where it wouldn’t drain on any of the plants. If it can’t drain eventually it will collapse with a huge amount of water crashing down. Ask me how I know. Luckily for me it missed my plants.

3 Likes

Same with that xmas tree you have there. I just pluck em like a chicken when I cut em down. Leave the sugar leaves on to protect the buds… a dry em on window screens. Too many branches to hang! Lol not enough space in the drying room.

3 Likes

Yeah I hear ya running out of room already cut down two of my smaller plants I was battling all season long with rot and caterpillars. UGH took a good hit on those plants for sure

3 Likes

how many times did you trip over that before taping? LMAO

1 Like

I ended up ripping it down. Thw tarp was so big it was acting like a parachute. Lifted up part of one of the sides. Really buggered everything up. I said screw it and being on the rain.
Only time will tell. Good thing it will be in the 80’s again on Friday. I have an hr or so of shaking of flowers knce the sun comes up. Followed by a nice little leaf blower session. :wink:

2 Likes

What? Sorry Im not sure what you are asking?
Oh sorry, I get it now… had to go back and check what I posted. The answer… never. It was more for guests or anyone walking around in the night. The tape is just an extra measure to bring your eyes to it. Ironically, I found the airflow was better with the cover like that than rolled up? Even when there was no air movement outside, there was a draft set up in that configuration… kinda like a chimney?
The Lebanese is coming along nicely… good weather for it

2 Likes

i[quote=“HippieRunner, post:54, topic:75006, full:true”]
Thats the only thing that im worried about now. I will be gone at the races this weekend durring the rain storm. Im ‘hoping’ my wife knocks the water off every couple hrs.
Only time will tell my friend. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

strong text

1 Like

it has been raining here for the past 12hours and is supposed to rain for three more days was wondering if i should harvest them in the rain or wait and see if the sun comes out and dryes them in a couple days trychomes are milky whiteand even a few amber not sure what to do any suggestions

3 Likes

Thats a tough one. 3 days of rain is alot of rain.

1 Like

Man you and @plumbdand have some insanely beautiful greenhouse setups …

2 Likes

This last rain storm blew the door off my big greenhouse and tore some of the plastic on the 5x10 dog run, all easy stuff to fix. Some plants got a little wet but no broken branches

3 Likes

@First @Cannabian @anon86641082 …All Y`all lookin great nice set ups guys!!!

4 Likes

True my bad for leaving the @Cannabian out

1 Like

The issue is at night, when you sleep… poke some drain holes in and place buckets to capture the rainwater. Move the plant to areas of dryness. Be careful! Heavy plastic destroys months of growing in a split second.

1 Like

If they are ready, just harvest them. Much better than losing them to bud rot. You will dry them anyways.

1 Like

Worry not, leaving me out isnt going to hurt my feelings lol. My plants dont care either!

2 Likes

well i found what looks to be bud rot on two of my biggest ladys im not sure but i wasnt taking any chances i cut them down im hoping its not bud rot but i have never actualy seen it other than in pictures if it is bud rot is the whole plant no good its not on all of the buds just the biggest buds and only a c*

1. emphasized text

*ouple of them have it what should i do any suggestions would be appreciated
strong text

1 Like

The rest of the plant is still good. You just have to remove the affected buds.

Also, if you didn’t harvest after removing affected buds. Spray them down good with the peroxide/water.

If you choose to harvest give em a good peroxide bath. Then go about your normal dry/ cure practice. Good luck :+1:

thanks i went ahead and harvested all of the ones that had discoloration i left the ones that arent showing any signs of it if i take a couple pictures of them how do i let you see them not sure i tryed to show some pics a few days ago but i dont think they posted

thanks again for the advice im doing the peroxide thing when the rain stops no way to cover them up they just get a good shaking every couple hours and im hoping the sun comes out in a day or two before they get rot also i got rid of the few buds that i found it on but the rest are still growing the pistols are 1/4red and still three quarters white with no amber trichomes alot of clear trychs left it can probably go another 10 to 14 days

1 Like