Keep it up or take it down?

I place flagging tape in it to prevent tripping hazards.
Make no mistake about it, this poly is not line your average poly… its woven… rip proof and pretty thick. It has zero stretch. You can drive nail through it and it wont tear. I attached the material with cedar strips ( battons ) stapled to the poly and turned under a couple wraps, then I used duplex nails to apply the strips to the wooden framing. Pull as tight as you can and nail it good.
This poly should last at least 12 years and I leave it up all winter too

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time. I’m going to get rid of the sides completely tomorrow and just have the top going over to keep rain off. In my quest to keep them dry… Today, I found some wpm on the plant in the back right corner. Apparently WPM don’t need rain to form on plants. Or it was there before I covered them :person_shrugging: peroxide/water sprayed them down. If it’s just the one plant I can live with it, but if I lose them all :sob:

2 Likes

Wpm is trouble… you need to keep stuff dry… keep air moving. Lower humidity as much as possible. I use woodchips on the dirt in my greenhouse. It helps to keep dust down and I think it absorbs moisture from the air around it too? I think that a common issue for some outdoor enthusiasts, during the fall, is overwatering. Plants are not transpiring at the same rate when it cools down. When you notice dew on the lawn in the morning, thats a good sign that transpiration rates are declining.

1 Like

Oh I should clarify, I use woodchips on the floor :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Keep a VERY close eye on that wpm it is devastating, I very carefully cut infected leafs off, and spray once every 3 to 4 days. Regalia,Potassium Bicarbonate,and Actinovate, rotate the 3. In flower it’s Regalia only… If it keeps coming back,I remove the plant, and burn it. As for the sides I used 2 pieces of 1x3s sandwiched the plastic and roll it up and down the sides of the greenhouse.

1 Like

@Cannabian HMM that’s the thing though I don’t see them at all until the buds are full and sticky and fat and trichy…By then you cant see them until you notice that the bastards have made the very top/tip of your best Cola dry and brown and THEN I pry the bud carefully open and discover that lil SOB and squash it…I do understand what you are saying about spraying BT prior to bud formation,but you said if you see them…Well that’s just it,They aren’t visible then…But I will try what you said and see if that helps next time…Thanks!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much, I have noticed my pots take more than a day to dry out now. Thought they drank more during flower. :person_shrugging: Though I don’t believe I’m over watering, I’m very conscientious about that. I’m going to add more fans and keep the sides rolled up. I believe that the lack of air flow and built up humidity caused the WPM. Live and learn. Hopefully the peroxide spray worked​:crossed_fingers: Took a peek this morning and it didn’t seem to have any ill effects on the plants.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advice, I was wondering how often to spray them down. In forty years I’ve had WPM once and lost the whole plant, didn’t catch it in time. Another year , lost the biggest cola I had to bud rot :persevere:. I’m going to just keep the sides up, add more fans, and defoliate some more. Wish I had defoliated more in pre flower , but that’s something I had never done before. If it looks like it’s still forming on that plant I’mma toss it , not worth getting sick smoking mildewed bud. Thank you again :blush:

1 Like

Hope you solved your caterpillar problem :crossed_fingers: I was walking around the house today and saw one. At least 20 feet from the garden. But I thought Oh Hell No. …stomp :joy: Hope your grow is doing well :+1:

1 Like

Looks like I hopped in the group. We have a big rain storm coming over the weekend. Had to toss something up quick. I sure hope it lasts for the next month. :wink:
Happy growing…

9 Likes

Time of year to fight off mother nature. Good luck to the finish :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

You can use bt as a preventive measure too…its cheap and readily available at most plant stores and some hardware stores. Its non toxic to humans and animals and does not harm plants.

1 Like

Just be careful with water pooling on the plastic, at 10 pounds a gallon it doesnt take much to collapse that onto your plants. Good work though!

2 Likes

Thats the only thing that im worried about now. I will be gone at the races this weekend durring the rain storm. Im ‘hoping’ my wife knocks the water off every couple hrs.
Only time will tell my friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If your wife smokes she’ll be out there knocking the water off . Though my partner ( who doesn’t miss her toke off a joint) came back to bed the other night and said " one of your plants is on the ground ) … back out like a light :angry: wasn’t room in the tent so it had to stay outside. Did I go out and pick her up…hell yeah!!

I made sure I have a couple really high posts in middle to stop it from pooling. Plus, I can’t sleep for nothing if there’s a storm and usually eyeballing them from the bathroom window.

Who loves Marijuana :raised_back_of_hand:

3 Likes

I’m without words on that one WTF either she’s vertically challenged or that plant is on super steroids. Nice work to say the very least!!!

2 Likes

Uh nope, the plants are 12 feet tallish… I am looking through an upper vent

3 Likes

Again nice work man!!!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Still attempting to see how long it’s going to take to trim that monster? Two busy hands, nice sharp scissors, and a whole boat load of product to enjoy in the meantime??

3 Likes