Keep it up or take it down?

Thank you for that information, I’m going to stay on top of it and open the sides in the morning and put a fan in there.

1 Like

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

Thats lovely! You can hang a fan in the cieling on either end even if you roll up the sides. It will help strengthen the stems and promote a healthier environment too.

1 Like

There is 2 in center up high, an 4 on the ground, 1 blowing on under side of each plant.Lots of air flow
24/7. Will have dehumidifiers running soon.

2 Likes

Here is the passive venting I have

You can see the poly is adjustable at the bottom and there are rectangular openings in the top… the concept was like draft in a chimney. Hot air rises and draws cooler fresh air in from the bottom. It sorta doesnt work well enough when it gets super hot out… but for the most part it works fine. Im actually standing on a shelf outside the greenhouse looking through a vent hole

8 Likes

That’s a super nice greenhouse :heart_eyes: I was sitting here thinking I need to vent at the very top. So . tomorrow I think I am going to go to the backside about 3 inches from the top and burn holes all the way across the top prolly 2inches apart. Thinking they won’t be big enough for the wind to catch and rip it off, but it will let the heat escape :crossed_fingers:plus adding some fans I should be good. Really bad idea plz let me know.

I’m in the Northeast … South Western part of NY. So our hot humid weather is pretty much over. Rained again today and supposed to overnight again …So so happy they’re covered :dancer:. Now I hope they finish before I have to put heat in there :joy:
Thanks again for your time @Cannabian …toke toke pass :blush:

2 Likes

My 5x10 with the sides up
I keep the door open and there’s a huge opening near the top on both ends
It’s a 5x10 dog run with a roof frame made from pvc with 6ml plastic
My other greenhouse it has a swamp cooler on fan only and 4 fans and the roof vents open as well as the door to allow for airflow

4 Likes

Very nice , giving me all sorts of ideas for next year. Love the fencing " dog run ". Can attach the plastic to it and keep unwanteds out at the same time :+1: or at least harder to get access.

The dog run is 6ft tall I first added a roof that made it 7ft then added 2ft to that about a month ago because the plants were touching the roof.

2 Likes

Its ok to open the ends? At the top? Holes let water in.

1 Like

I cut holes along the back and side, it was way hot in there even with the front and side rolled up. I’m thinking a little water might get in but I’m trying to save them from that fall driving wind and rain.

Last night was the 2nd night of thunderstorms, calling for more again tonight. So far my contraption is working like a charm. As long as it doesn’t collapse on the plants🤞

Thanks again for taking the time Cannabian

3 Likes

No I would open the entire end not just a couple holes. The holes I have are 3 feet by 4 feet and I have 4 of them… essentially a continuous strip all along the top. A couple small holes will not do much if anything except allow a bit of gas exchange.

1 Like

The front and left side only go about half way down the plastic does not go to the ground. This morning, I rolled the front and left side all the way up to the “roof” and cut those holes and put the fan in there. The whole front and left side we’re open all day. Can’t believe our weather is supposed to be above normal for the next week. I’ll open it up again in the morning and see if I need to open it up more. Thank you

1 Like

Im thinking o doing some sort of covering because of the caterpillar prob Im having ( Didn’t have anywhere near as much first grow,so I was spoiled and was like sheeeeeeit! I got this!!) Oh how I was F`ed over by those Caterpillars this season…I first have to do some research on Entomology…and find out how they are getting to my girls…some say they are in the soil…Some say they are deposited by moths on the leaves etc…But I wanna know EXACTLY how they arrive so I can cut them off @ the pass…

1 Like

Yeah it’s always something. I found that the damn bugs seem to like to flock to the tent. I sprayed Ortho around inside on the ground and sides. Captain jacks dead bug on the plants, since they aren’t getting wet the jacks isn’t washing away with the rain. Monitor monitor…:crossed_fingers:

Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

Get some BT and spray the plants at first sighting… then spray just before bud break. The concept with BT is the caterpillars or worms need to ingest some of the bacteria and once in the gut it prevents them from eating anymore, so you will get some chewing and then it will stop. Ideally, a covered plant is beast but a few sunny days is good too. The more thoroughly you cover the plant the better because the little bastards wont eat as much to get sick. :wink:

1 Like

This is how I open it up during the day. Hope it provides enough air flow :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

That should be just fine as long as it doesn’t get to windy, be prepared for the wind.

1 Like

Right ! Glad you said that, I wasn’t thinking bout that when it’s up. I’ll have to secure it just as tight as when it’s down. Thank you :blush:

Yeah thats wicked! Yeah keep in mind that if wind picks up the plastic can blow around and damage your plants quite badly. Its basically a big sail. I have the bottom of my rip proof poly anchored to the ground with rebar and rope wrapped around the poly over a tennis ball. Then I cut sticks to tension it.

I place flagging tape in it to prevent tripping hazards.

2 Likes