Keep it under 5 foot

@beardless great pics and explanation.
5xtDarwoc4UnbBpCMWQ

2 Likes

That is my biggest worry, finding the time for training. My work day often exceeds 12 hours. I will say that I really enjoy growing and am passionate about it but ive also never invested real heavy into it time wise. I guess the only way to find out is dive in and see if it suits me.

2 Likes

It definitely does take more time out of your day. I work solely from home but if I were out of the house for 12 hours or more I don’t think I could have stayed on top of that plant I posted above. They’re strong and determined, but will also break easily, so keeping her down while not breaking her takes time. This is her this morning.

I’ve re-arranged and re- tied her twice since I posted.

1 Like

looking great! Ive been reading and feel a bit intimidated by some technics like topping and super cropping. ive yet to master an even canopy on autos yet. Im going to really focus on keeping this next one even.

1 Like

Ive found that tieing the plants down makes for more work i like these LST clips much better than tie downs. Put them on and remove couple days later after a big ole knot forms. They sell small ones and big ones. Ive bought 2 bags of each as i always found myself running out with 1 bag each

2 Likes

I did t know they had these. Im check these out for sure sice at this point LTS is all I do.

Those plastic clips are great but don’t do what this grower did and leave them on too long. As @BigCat420 says, remove after a couple of days.

Or

2 Likes

Engineered Essentials USA Made The Original 90 Degree Plant Trainer- for Low Stress Training (LST) and Plant Training https://a.co/d/2Ci6Zad

2 Likes

Ive actually been wondering about this subject. what about the tie down stings? can they be removed after a time? Because i have had them grow into the stalks. Ive just been afraid to remove them thinking the plant would just take off however.

2 Likes

thank you im going to get some and try them out. im still very much trying to find my groove and what works for me

2 Likes

Yeah they do need to be readjusted about every 3 days or so but saves you a lot of time in my eyes compared to tieing down with rope or pipe cleaners. If they do get overgrown im not sure what youd do. Ive never had one get that bad. Worst ive had was a really tight one that left indents. This is the exact reason i went with orange instead of the other colors so i wouldn’t forget. Before i used these LST clips i was using neon colored pipe cleaners and ive had some almost get swallowed by the plant. I figure worst case scenario you just cut the rope/pipe cleaner and leave that piece but its never got that bad with me

1 Like

I’ve used everything in my house pretty much and now I use plain hat elastic from the supermarket, anchor it to either the side of the pot or the medium leaving enough slack to keep easily tightening it.

1 Like

I guess I got lucky. I had my clips on since veg and never took them off. I think mine was a bit different of clips though. Mine are black and curved .

2 Likes

I think I put them on too early, then didn’t check them. In the end it was fine and she got to harvest like nothing had happened but I won’t try that again.

1 Like