Kava Kava, and MJ?

Some things have combined effects, and I noticed Kava especially is a wild combination to try with a buzz from herb.

~ I dunno how many folks here have even tried real Kava Kava, I’m not talking about the junk found at the likes of a supplement store such as GNC (who’s products IMHO are pure money sucking garbage)

If you can get raw root or there is a Kava Cafe anywhere around you, it can even get you through times between harvests when you run out of herb.

But the most striking thing from my experiences is that the relaxing and euphoric (which are fairly mild) effects of the Kava seem to blend so well with pot that it is almost a “recombinant” or “Regenerative” effect, since it calms and places me into a mindset that absorbs and accentuates the effects of whatever strain or variety of herb I am exploring

The noble strains are the ones you want, and only the subterranian root. There are several, but Piper Mysterium plants are available from a few sources. Keep in mind that it grows into a tree, and needs to be four years old before harvesting it - so raw root or root powder ordered from somewhere may be the only answer for most of us.

Kava Kava (or in the Hawaiian: ‘Awa) has been a known medicinal and ceremonial thing for over 4,000 years. Among other uses it makes the difficult seem more possible as it acts much like the modern drug PROZAC - a thing I have been on because of major crisis’ in my real life

Prozac however (I note) makes you seem like a nicer person to everyone else, but I never felt Jack except an inexplicable incapacity to be sad at appropriate times. A few times tears might have been helpful.

Kava alternatively is also uplifting, and we DO feel it when we have the real kind, not the watered down garbage found in trashy little bottles next to vitamin ‘K’ or whatever, such as kelp supplements in a Walgreens or some place

Kava all by itself can make an ordinary event more exciting and interesting, but with no obvious signs that we might be intoxicated in some way.

It’s kinda cool…

For all I know, some of you may be on Prozac right now, let me ask you this:
Given the choice between “Merke, Sharpe, and Dohne” and Mother Nature - which would you prefer?

1 Like

I have experienced
Similar enhancement effects with Valerian root.

Smells like dirty feet, though.

Don’t forget, however, that Kava Kava is known to cause severe liver damage, even in short-term users.

I like Kava Kava, but it is definitely a medicinal plant that should be respected.

1 Like

You got that right - but making sure it is pure root and no other part of the plant is a good way to avoid harm from it. Another thing is to never use it longer than 3 months without a break