Kaptain3d's Sunken Treasures šŸ“ā€ā˜ 

@Bulldognuts , @Newt ā€¦

You guys seem to know me too wellā€¦ :smiling_imp:

15 Likes

So u figure out the ppm part buddy. Plants gonna be awesome for u I can see it now. All u have to do is make sure u have a descent ppm and the pH is good. U know everything else so this is gonna be good because u r about to convert to coco and I bet we will see u dropping alot of coco in the ground outside for the outside babies lol. Huge differences in growth and all. The smell is amazing compared to soil grows. All the basically need right now is a super super light feed or even calmag water tribus if u have and a splash of molasses dilute it down to 3 to 500 ppm Iā€™d say more like 300 because autos but slowly just work up the ppm numbers in the mix. I donā€™t know that setup but my res was recommended in beginning change every 9 to 14 days mid veg atleast once a week and later flower 2 times a week but it always looks good so I kept the weekly change and just added nute mix to top off. When I did a change over Iā€™d soak the root ball in a bucket of recharge mix so they would soak up recharge for 1 to 2 hrs soaking in the tub while I change clean and refill the res. U got this man. If I use tap water for mix I pH it to 5.5 to 5.6 as it will jump up a bit daily. I like the fact of just watering them daily now without a res to watch over and have to adjust daily.

Thanks @Mark0427 1 :partying_face:
Unfortunately, I wonā€™t be able to set up the automated watering/feeding with my new Floraflex system yet, we have major reno coming upā€¦ But Iā€™ll give coco a really good try in the meantime! :nerd_face:

12 Likes

Ur gonna love it. Iā€™m sure auto feed would be much easier but alot harder keeping res in check. Watering by hand to me is the best as u know u get everything wet the same. Now only for u to get ur hands on jacks

1 Like

Do they do giveaways? ā€¦ :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Not sure I donā€™t follow that like u guys do lol. I enter rarely anymore.

1 Like

Wonder if it would make the border pass if sent to u

2 Likes

I use my ppm around the beginning of flower or just before. I use a super sil so it usually lasts me till that point. When the ppm gets under I start to add nutrients. Of course, I donā€™t consider stuff like Calcium, Epsom, Microbes, silica, etc part of my added nutes.

I also use it when ever I see something going awry.

5 Likes

So anyoneā€™s opinion on botanicares calmag plus vs GH cal mag. Numbers r different calmag plus says with iron. Is it a safe switch as Iā€™m almost out of calmag and thatā€™s what he got was the botanicares kind. Never send an ole man to do the job of he donā€™t know himself. He txtd me about everything but. Lmao. Big bud also they have big bud coco version has diff numbers from the reg big bud. Any differences between the 2 for coco users. I believe the coco version big bud had added calcium so itā€™s not needed as coco lacks it unless u give it

2 Likes

She will straighten up on her own donā€™t worry.

3 Likes

Oh noā€¦ I had an accident while trying to pick up a couple of seeds for a Solo Cup Challenge :cup_with_straw: :upside_down_face:

2 Wedding Drake:

2 Rocky Horror Hashplants:

And 2 Greasy Boltz:

They all fell in water 2 days agoā€¦
Today, I put one of each in coco and the other in Pro-Mix HP, to keep they warmā€¦ :crazy_face:
All had a pinch of Dynomyco and another of Bokashi added to their cup.

15 Likes

Have you used this pro mix before does it contain any nutrients?
Do you need to ammend soil before using and treat like coco?
I have been using FFHF and FFOF and have to ammend with lime to keep PH in check I like the idea of using my own nutrients so I mix new soil with used soil from previous grows I would like to find something I can do this with from the start not interested in coco yet since it needs to be feed daily started looking into auto watering system yet undecided on which way to go
Care to share any thoughts?
Thanks Kap

4 Likes

Dude u aND @Graysin seem to drop seeds quite often lol.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been using mainly Pro-mix for the last 2 years. It doesnā€™t contain any nutrients. Just some mycorrhizae. I only add a little bit of Bokashi and Dynomyco.
You donā€™t need to water it as often as coco, but still, a bit more often than in regular soilā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

@Mark0427 im hoping some of these girls kap been dropping goes outside cant wait 2 c his monsters and what kind of training he do this year. Just disappointed no snow babies this year lmao

5 Likes

Not sure about that yetā€¦ I still havenā€™t received the seeds Iā€™m suppose to ā€œstress testā€ ā€¦ but we always have one or two snowstorm in April hereā€¦ :smiling_imp:
So thereā€™s still time yetā€¦ :wink:

8 Likes

Still got snow coming no way

2 Likes

I know the feeling.

Would you believe me if I told you Iā€™ve actively restrained myself from starting Funky Bush, George A. Bush F2, and a Sour Cherry x Acapulco Gold? And a Lady Gold? :rofl::joy:

8 Likes

Weā€™ve got up to 25 cm ( bout 10 in ) coming for tomorrow. :man_shrugging:
It happens here every year.
Iā€™ve seen it as late as June too. Doesnā€™t stick around but can still happen.

:v::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Im good with the east coast its cold here but no more snow hopefully

7 Likes