Jza444's First Soil Grow

Right!!! Still irks me

1 Like

I wanted to see her in a dragon tug of war; Jurassic park 2 style

4 Likes

Yep. I’d be down with that.

2 Likes

Data was taken last Thursday. Ppm runoff was a bit low, but I estimate the ladies have less than two weeks until harvest. Also, they were flushed a few days prior. Bloodstar will be fed today.

Below are the Glueberry ladies. They don’t seem to be getting as thick as I’d hoped, but development is still there, and the bud sites are nice and dense. I won’t be disappointed. They smell wonderful. I never pruned any leaves that wouldn’t come off with a simple tug. Being sativa doms, more than enough light made it through the canopy to the lower bud sites. They are enjoying all the nutrients stored in those leaves. I’m not going any higher on ppms from here on out. I’ll post trich pictures tomorrow with my new macro lense.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Still isn’t much thicker than a week ago, but certainly a bit more dense. Either way, light distance and intensity is good, temp/humidity is on point, and pH is right where it needs to be. They have been receiving good P through mid stages of flower, and increased K the last week or so.

3 Likes

The Oak leaves finally decided to come down…just a bit late. This picture is nowhere near my place, so I’m not worried about marker identification. However, I’ll take responsibility for the black truck. Lol. Suckered it from my pops for the weekend.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I’ve been curious about this for some time now. I’ve always been under the impression that temperatures around 75°F were optimal for growing indoors. After researching a bit, it appears that statistic is mainly for consideration when using HPS/CMH, and other lights that give off a bunch of heat to the canopy. Since I am using QBs and a Viparspectra LED for now, should my tent temperatures be more in the 80°F range to compensate for the lack of heat given off by the lights? It won’t make a difference for this grow, but would be good to know moving forward. I will be running all QB lighting for my next grow, at least in the flower tent.

2 Likes

I think the 75 takes into acclunt heat from lights as well. Yea hps makes more heat. So u have to run the environment cooler to equal the 75 average… but as always ima stoner bro. Wait for the sciency answer for confirmation.

And GB looks good. Some phenos just stack unbelievably. Combined with enormous levels of qb light and u get those pics that put the breeders to shame

2 Likes

That makes total sense. I’ve been checking temps near the root base, as well as the upper canopy. It’s crazy how much info is out there. You almost need a personal assistant to sift through everything on the internet, just to find a concrete answer for anything.

All things considered, I’m pretty happy with the results so far. I haven’t spent money at the dispensary in over a month, and probably won’t ever have to again. The GBs look great, and should be good smoke whether they stack up more, or not.

2 Likes

I found 78°-85° To be optimal growing temperatures. This and with 60% RH or more for veg.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info. I was just curious, as I’ve been running at 75°F the entire grow, dropping down into the low 60s at night during the past few weeks of flower. I guess it also depends on the strain. I didn’t originally consider that.

3 Likes

You’ll do much better in 80-85 range with the qb’s for canopy temps. Just get close any keep your vpd in line.

3 Likes

That info will help out a lot for the next grow. Kinda dawned on me yesterday when I was going back over a thread I commented on pertaining to phyto max lights from Black Dog. I realized my lights functioned under similar conditions, and my temps should probably be higher to accommodate the canopy temps. Still, I’ve been between 75°F-80°F up until recently, so it hasn’t been way off. VPD has been in range, trichome development and harvest colors have been great so far, and bud density is spot on. Only thing off is the fact that my buds don’t seem to be getting quite as large as expected for week 7. My lower temperatures might have caused that in part. Thanks again for the information, appreciated.

1 Like

You know it’s a good day when it’s only 8pm, and you’re about to wreck shop in some Borderlands 3, and hit the Firefly 2 until you keel over. Seriously though, everyone sleeps on the Firefly 2 line of vapes, but they are hands down, the best portable, single session vaporizers (in my humble, subjective opinion :wink:) on the market. They do have a wicked learning curve, especially for concentrates, but the flavor is worth it. Better than Pax or any Storz and Bickel product (except the trusty Volcano).

It’s also been pretty awesome not having to buy any pot. The Cherry Pie herm actually turned out wonderful. I’m about a week and a half into the cure, and I just hit 60%. Put 62% bovedas in today, will continue burping twice a day for another few days, then I’ll move to burping once a week.

I can’t wait for the Glueberries and Bloodstar clones to finish. Although I’m an Indica guy, I’m really excited about the taste of the GBs. I’m gonna let the beta GB go until at least 50% amber. Gonna try to cut some of that sativa down a bit. I’m shooting for mostly cloudy with a bit of amber on the other two. I’ll post trich pics tomorrow. Hopefully I can get that macro lense working correctly for my phone.

2 Likes

Alright. I have some work to do setting up my tripod. I’ll post better shots tomorrow, lights are out in 5 minutes. I picked up a Xenvo lense from Amazon. Really cool lense for my pixel 3 (Apple, Samsung). It comes with a .45x wide angle, and a 15x macro lense. I know 30x-60x is recommended for trich shots, but this lense will work fine for reference. I have a loupe once they are ready.

1 Like

Glueberry

5 Likes

Glueberry

4 Likes

Bloodstar

3 Likes

Bloodstar

5 Likes