Just Wondering is this normal

Hello, first time grower, first post. I was watching a video of a huge dispensary and these guys use 2 gallon pots and are averaging 2.2 pounds per plant. I was under the impression that I should use 5-7 gallon pots. My question is how can they use such a small pot and have a great outcome. Is it because they are using top of the line everything that they can get away with this or 2 gallon pots might be ok.

1 Like

Go check out what some growers do in solo cups. It will give you a better understanding of what’s needed.

Welcome to the forum great people around to help you.

3 Likes

I’m gonna say experience is the key factor. I’m a newbie my myself so I’m just guessing here. I’m sure top of the line equipment helps some but a good light or lights is one of the key components too.

1 Like

Raising plants in small containers will require a lot of attention.

Good advice before you jump…

1 Like

I guess what I’m really asking is, I just thought in a 2 gallon pot the plant would be to root bound to fully grow right and get a good yield, but the place is called “Grow Sciences”. It was something that didn’t sound right to me from what everyone else said, but I have noticed in other videos of huge dispensaries, use small pots also.6 foot tall plants in 2 gallon pots

1 Like

I’m just about ready to transplant from small pots and really was wondering what size to go to next, is why I’m questioning the 2 gallon pots. I was thinking to go to a 1 gallon and then a 5. I have GSC from ILGM, in a 4x4, first grow in Va. they look great so far, but I did have a few seeds that didn’t sprout, but everything else is going great so far

1 Like

Am growing 4 GSCE photos, in a 3x3 week 5 of flowering at the moment. Great choice!

The reason those growers pulled 2 pounds is environment, and nutes. Container size had little to do with it.

2 gallon containers could go to harvest, but at late flowering you will be watering more often, daily.

Container size adjust for how much you water, that’s about it. I typically go solo cup to 3 gallon to 7 gallon. However GSCE stretch like crazy during flowering, mine doubled in size, so to control height I only transferred once from solo to 5 gallon. Causing them to slow down while getting roots down.

1 Like

Since most of my grows don’t go past 4 months, I use 3 gallon fabric pots. I’ve never had root bound plants. Outdoors I use 10-20 gallon pots.

1 Like

This is my first grow in VA also. I just transplanted my seedlings from a solo cup to a 5 gal bucket. Praying for the best!!

2 Likes

Me too. I have one zkittiles starting to flower, fingers crossed! Good luck!

1 Like