Just wanted to show off my first grow! Tips, tricks, comments?

Just wanting to show my first plant off, this is Skywalker OG from ILGM tomorrow will be 24 days since it sprouted, looking at another 18-24 days in veg before i switch the lighting schedule to 12 hours on 12 hours off, and start the transition to bloom, i am growing in a 14 gallon tote hydroponic system, with about 7 gallons of water that tops off about 2 inches from the bottom of the net pots, medium is hydroton, water temp is currently running high at 75 and im working on getting a chiller as fast as i can but that will probably end up being something i have for future grows, i try to keep PH as close to 5.8 as possible, having to adjust atleast every 12 hours currently, i am supplimenting cal-mag, and silica, as well as the FOXFARM dirty dozen nutrient bundle at about 1/3 the feeding schedules recommended dose, except for the OMRI rated organic big bloom, i dose that full strength, ppm is sitting in the higher 800s, closer to 900, i topped the plant about 4-5 days ago(?) And the double main stock is growing in beautifully, low stress training is starting to show me good results and 4 of 6 colas are growing like wild fire, 1 cola is growing but slower than the rest and the last one is still growing but very slowly as it is tucked back and no great way to get it adequate lighting while also getting the rest of the strong colas good light as well, speaking of lighting, thats my real weak point right now, im currently running 3 (surprisingly powerful for what they are) walmart brand feit grow lights, and they will get me through veg okay with a total ppfd with all 3 lights on the plant being around 850, but i will be ordering the spider farmer SF4000 next week so i can comfortably make it through bloom photo dump incoming

5 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

Lookin good.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! I was a little wooried for a few days because as you can see from the pictures i was having some nutrient issues, but thanks to members of this forum i got that taken care of quickly and now my plant is thriving again, i couldnt be happier with how its turning out!

3 Likes

I am not a hydro grower. What I have read here and you are very much aware of, water temps above 70 is root rot looking for a home. Start freezing bottles of water now. You are going to need a lot of them. Good luck

5 Likes

That is a beautiful idea temporarily until i can get an actual chiller! I will get that situated!

5 Likes

you are off to a good start… :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

If you scroll fast it’s like time enhanced photography!! :smiley:

1 Like

I take pictures every single day twice a day first thing when i wake up and first thing when i get home from work! You can literally watch it grow through pictures on my phone and its so much fun this has so far been a great over experience and worth every penny ive spent. im excited for the rest to come. I feel like it kinda blew up and grew alot today! And all of my colas are pretty even level with my top main stocks, way closer than yesterday!

5 Likes

I can relate. I don’t take them everyday but close. These plants are amazing. The way they grow, they way they flower and their amazing smell. Who wouldn’t want to capture that. Happy Growing :blush::v:

So much growth from the second node from the bottom i had to tie it down because they were starting to grow taller than the top of the plant! Lol, every day i am amazed at how much i can see it growing!

1 Like

I have to give you a HUGE thank you for the frozen waterbottle idea, i dont know why i didnt think of it my self, seems 3 water bottles at a time does the trick with another 9 in the freezer ready to be changed out one at a time! Working on a permanent solution but this is working great!

1 Like

I’d imagine the paper labels on some water bottles could potentially be an issue from deteriorating. I don’t think the plastic ones will be an issue. I’m not a hydro guy but I’m sure the systems have some sort of strainer or passage that could get stopped up. Just a thought.

1 Like

My system is a single bucket non recirculating system, no plumbing on my tank for anything to clog up if thats what you were saying, however i will remove the labels to be safe!

1 Like