Just to say hello

Hello everyone,
This is my first post and just starting the journey. I spent the last several days, reading hundreds of posts here.
I have all my equipment ready and last night, I dropped in my first 5 seeds to germinate in distilled water (2 Blue D photo and 3 WW auto ILGM seeds). I’m hoping for successful germination (fingers crossed).
Thank you for all the great posts and information!!

10 Likes

What’s your set up?

2 Likes

Welcome! There are great growers here with great advice! Good luck on your grow! Look forward to seeing your progress.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like ur off to a good start!
When ur children pop, lets see pictures!!!
:+1:t3::herb::sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Shaggy
Indoors in 4x4 tent and will be in soil. If they germinate, they will go straight to 5 gallon fabric planters.

3 Likes

Nice. What soil are you using? What about your lights? I’m sure you have everything else for the tent too.
And well ome by the way. Forgot to do that in my first post. Lol.

on the photos i would put them in solo cups with slits in the bottom then transplant them into a 2 gal pot and then into the 5 gal grow bag, on the autos straight into the 5 gal grow bag

2 Likes

@kryss; welcome to the comunity.

1 Like

@Shaggy
For lights 2 1000 spider farmer and 1 1500 king led (got before learning about the evils of blurple) so I will only be at 480 actual watts.
Soil opted to go with Kellogg organic potting mix and miracle gro organic performance potting (just to tesr and not have to search for FF).
Yes, I believe so…Cloudline T4 for fan with a 4” filter, thermometer/humidity, PH/TDS meter, extra clamp fan, light meter, PH up/down, etc
:joy: hopefully that will get me started

1 Like

Hey welcome. I started with WWA too. Thankfully they are almost indestructible.
I will throw this out there now. Photos are in control and the autos are along for the ride.
Good luck. Hopefully you will see 5 tails soon.

1 Like

The miracle grow organic does it have time release nutrients in it?

@beardless
Yeah I started reading that…didn’t know when I bought the two different types. Then learned that BD grow into monsters and WW are extra stinkers :woman_facepalming:t3::joy:

@Deepsix
Yes it does unfortunately (says 3 mos.) it’s the black performance bag… so, won’t be adding any to soil for awhile (thought about mixing the two soils together). I read that BD loves nitrogen…hopefully they will be ok.

Ok it will cause you problems down the road. Some growers have used it and where ok. Just a heads up.

1 Like

That’s a pretty decent set up.
Cant wait to see how you do. Keep tagging me and I’ll stop by. Maybe even bring a few friends, if they dont find their way in here first. Lol.
I like the FFOF myself. It’s been doing great with my zkittlez and Ak47.
I have an hlg 65 v2 4000k and 2 other lights that are less the subpar. Lol. But my plants are doing okay and I’m doing 4 at a time at the moment. But after this grow I’m going down to 1 at a time to try to focus on perfecting my situation more. I dont have a tent or anything. I’ve got a very ghetto grow going on. But I’m doing good as it is. It’s a great hobby. Lol.

2 Likes

@Deepsix
Ok will keep watch out…figured if they fail, then will switch for the other seeds.

Nitrogen is what’s used in vegging the most. So because it’s slow released, which is every time you water, by the time your plants get to flowering, if they’re autos at least, they usually get burnt up with nitrogen at feedings. But that isnt always the case. Some plants have no problem with the MG products.

1 Like

Closet grow?

Garage. But no tent. And the garage is crappy. Sorta. But hey, at least I know what I’m doing. Lol. I’ve got maybe half the environment controlled completely. But they’re doing great. Gonna hook up 1 other fan to keep more air circulating in my garage soon so my ak isnt too humid. Although it doesnt feel very humid in there, I’m in Florida and there are panels to my garage. So it’s basically a shelter on 4 side and I’m lighting and feeding and what not. Lol.

2 Likes

nice. Whatever works and as long as the girls r happy lol

2 Likes