Just thought I'd say hi

Actually I do have a question about that. I read somewhere that it’s not good to transplant them into the bigger pots too early, is that correct?

I just planted 2 autos this morning into their forever pots so I don’t have to transplant later .

1 Like

It’s really not good to transplant them at all lol but it can be done

Some poeple do transplant , you just have to be very careful not to disrupt the root system .

So you’re going from germination straight into the 5-gallon pots?

No i germinate all my girls in the pots never move them at all

Yes sir I used 2/3 ffof , 1/3 happy frog on top of that , then used a glass to make a hole and filled that with seed starter mix . When the seeds start growing they use the seed starter first , then happy frog , then ffof until the end . The seedlings sometimes struggle in straight ffof because it can be to hot for some strains . This has worked very well for me . I learn it here at ILGM . lol

1 Like

Sorry yes , some folks start their seeds right in the soil as @JoshawaM has stated . I once started a auto in a small 4" pot then transplanted to 5 gallon fabric pot and the dirt fell away from the roots and it stunt its growth . I got lucky though and ended up with this Amnesia Haze 14’ bud .

No kidding. I might have to rethink this

Thank you! :pray:

2 Likes

Wow , idk about luck but that sure is a pretty plant

I germinate in root riot and put that straight into the big pots when roots come out the bottom so far 100% germination😃

1 Like

You can transplant autos, but you have to be very very careful. I do it and don’t stunt them. I have plenty of other ways I screw up autos, but not transplanting @Slim420. Autos can be hard to grow right. I personally have never gotten more than 2oz off of the 16 I have grown so far. I’m a perpetual grower, so I only grow autos to fill in in case the photos I grow aren’t ready yet. The autos usually finish 2-3 weeks earlier than the photos. @Screwauger is our best autoflower grower on the unpaid part of the forum. You probably should find his latest grow journal and read the whole thing.

@OldSkunk , thanks, I’ll look into that right now

@Slim420 I did a grow last year with WWA’s. I started in 4” pots with FFHF. When they got about 2 weeks old, I transplanted into 5 gallon fabric pots with FFOF. No problem. I took the 4” pot and set it into the 5 gallon pot to make an indentation. Transplanting was easy and the girls did great.

1 Like

Another trick to that is if the dirt drops away and exposes some of the root, be sure and use that dirt when you set the plant into the new pot. The plant should not contact your new soil for a few days. I use Mykos WP when I transplant and I really think it helps. @Slim420 you want ever advantage you can when growing autos. They are extremely easy to stunt and you get a 10" plant that yields 7g.

2 Likes