Just starting out help me

Monsanto also formulated miracle gro to have a non optimal pH to thwart illegal Cannabis growing.

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t Miracle Grow anything. I have 2 varieties of peppers and several herbs in my indoor garden as well. I’m planning on expanding that. I have 2 tents and don’t need a lot of weed. I expect by this coming Fall I’ll have more weed than I really want.

I was looking for the article I read about Monsanto working with dea on the miracle gro thing and guess who Monsanto purchased…general hydroponics. Now I’ve gotta find another nute. I will not use Monsanto anything.

2 Likes

Monsanto also formulated Agent Orange and then turned it into Round Up

4 Likes

I didn’t know they made AO. Figures.

1 Like

Yeah, That doesn’t get out much :v:

Need help both outdoor getting light 13 hrs not sure whats wrong need help pls

That was a couple days ago. Is it still hanging in there?

Ya looken good ! 2 foot tall,2 foot thick Bright green lots of flower tips coming on . had to ajust Ph once got her back 6.8 keep my finger crossed.

1 Like

Merlin I see your a natural soil guy. First time grower here. I would really appreciate some advice. I’m going to try and give you a visual. We have 6 16’x4’ flower beds. In past years they’ve been used for vegetables. Tomatoes, squash, zucchini etc…the beds/ soil have been untouched since last summer. I’m using one of the beds for my new hobby. Once I pull my weeds and clean up bed, I was going to till up soil, and get it looking rich. Where in the world do I go from here?

1 Like

First off, welcome to the ILGM forum. There are many folks here that will help you along the way.

I wish I could be more help but I grow indoors using 10 gallon fabric pots. Many folks that grow outdoors still use containers (up to 200 gallon I have heard) of some sort but many also plant directly in the soil as you plan to.
I think that most outdoor growers start their plants indoors and move them outside when the weather and light schedule allows.

Give each plant plenty of room to insure great air flow and light penetration.
Be sure that your soil has really good drainage.
Cannabis thrives in soil with a pH of 6.3 - 6.8. I am not sure how outdoor growers handle pH control if they are not in containers.

I will tag a few growers that may have more and better advice.
@Covertgrower @dbrn32 @Hogmaster @Myfriendis410 @AAA

That should give you a start and others will chime in as well.

6 Likes

Look for soil amendments like worm castings, bone meal, blood meal, and feather meal. You’ll want to increase you’re NPK ratio in the soil.

6 Likes

I think biggest thing for you to tackle right now is to find a soil recipe you’re interested in using. You can go from mild to wild with it, but not really my thing. This recipe is popular here

That should get you started anyway. You’ll want to maybe look into some teas to help throughout the grow, should the need arise.

6 Likes

I started 2 purple grandads 12 25 19 1/4 bunny poo 1/4 organic -mushroom with wormcasting 1/2 coco cori 2table spoons epson salts and fertlise with fish
emolshon weekly .watered every 3 days 4/1/2020 ended up with just short of 1/2 pound of smooth smoke. my first time to !

3 Likes

I have been using composted horse manure, for the past 8 or 10 years, with really good results. It is NOT too hot for the plants. My mix has about 1part horse manure, 1 part sand, and 1 part native soil.

I know this is old but i was going through some threads and came across this question. Im a new grower and still learning and was wondering how do you calcualate the amounts to use, for example in a 3 gallon, 5 gallon or a 7 gallon pot. do you eye ball the amounts and ratio?

2 Likes

I use a 1/2 gallon tub to scoop each product.

2 Likes

how many scoops of each product?

1 Like

That depends upon how much soil you need to mix up. It is the ratios that are what you are trying to achieve. The ratios are only approximate…Many folks don’t add anything to their FFOF, the soil as it comes out of the bag is fine, I just want to give it a little boost.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like