Just starting out Do Si Do Autoflower

Just starting out. This is my first attempt at growing an autoflower Do Si Do. Things seem to have been going well but I’ve noticed some yellow leaves growing at the base of the plant. Does anyone have any tips what this may and how I may correct it.

3 Likes

Mobile nutrients and those lower leaves have completed their task.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Its quite normal for the older lower leaves to yellow and fall off as the plant grows.
Nothing to worry about. Some do it more than others.
I would say from the look of what I can see your lighting may be a little on the weak side.
What light do you have and how far is it from the top of the plant?

5 Likes

Welcome aboard. Time to start feeding if you haven’t yet and if you have, up the feed a bit. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m using a VS2000 Full Spectrum LED light made by Vivo Sun. It’s about 14 inches from the top of the plant.

1 Like

I’ve been feeding it from the nutrients they sell on ILGM but I’ll certainly increase it. Thanks for the tip. :blush:

I’m using a Vivo Sun VS 2000 Full Spectrum LED light that’s about 15 inches from the top of the plant.

Welcome to the family!! Those leaves have done their job in the feeding process. No worries.

2 Likes

Is it turned up to 100%
Its not bad what we see, but the plant stretching like that means the plant could take more light.
So turn up the dimmer, add more hours, or lower the light.
Autos like 18 hrs of light. If its dimmed just crank it up some and watch the upper leaves. You will get a better yield with more light.

1 Like

Welcome to the Canna-Fam!!! Also when leaves receive less light at the bottom of plant it will stop using them and they yellow then die. It’s like natural pruning

1 Like

Thanks so much, I was worried the yellow leaves were a sign I was overwatering it but it seems to be consuming considerable more water after I moved it to the grow tent with a more powerful light.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks for the tip. I just got a timer set up to better be able to control how much light it gets.

2 Likes

Noticed the p4p fabric pot, is that superb soil to?

I’ll be watching, have Dos si do for spring run.

Welcome to the happy zone.

3 Likes

What I’m using is a mix called Ocean Forest from a company called Fox Farms.

1 Like

Most of us know ocean forest fairly well. it’s a good soil but I will warn you. Be on the look out for the soil ph to drop. Ocean forest is known for ph drops. If it drops you will start getting phosphorus and potassium lockout. Do you have a ph pen? Keep an eye on your runoff ph. If it dips below 6 it’s time for a flush with ph 7.0 water or powdered dolomite lime to be top dressed and watered in. Stems turning purple are an early indicator to keep a look out for. Your ideal soil ph is 6.5 ish. Other than that and giving more light you look to be off to a great start. Welcome to the forum and happy growing!

1 Like

Welcome to the neighborhood :blush::v:you are in a great place for learning how to grow. Be sure and hit the magnifying glass :mag: to look up any questions as well. There is a wealth of knowledge here. Happy Growing and you are doing great :policewoman::v:

I just checked the soil ph and it was 5.76. Would it be ideal to add the powdered dolomite and water it in gradually?

Do a soil slurry before you apply. It’s a more accurate way to see what the soil is doing. When I need it i like to start with to top dressing a 1/3 dose. I start with 1 tsp per 3 gallons of soil sprinkled around and massaged in, then just water in as usual. This way it keeps you from over applying it. After application check your ph the next watering. I’m not really seeing the ph issues showing but it takes a while for it to actually show up so it’s good to be proactive.

Thanks man, is there a difference between calmag and Dolomite? Which do you prefer? :sunglasses:

It depends on what it’s for. use the powdered dolomite lime to buffer soil ph long term and to fix swings. I use cal mag to add ppm to distilled water or when there’s a deficiency. It doesn’t adjust ph. It is just a supplement.

1 Like