Just sharing a Lil somthin , somthin

@peachfuzz you said you were recently back from the emerald triangle I read somewhere correct? Do you have Netflix? If so there’s a docuseries called “murder mountain” about humbolt county have you seen this?

5 Likes

No I have not… I will look for it tho…
But ya , it’s no place to just be wondering around… I made a wrong turn twice while I was there and came across a whole mountain side of plants… not good… alot of people disappear there…
My first 3 weeks there was spent evicting people with alot of force and for 3 weeks straight we held huge bond fires burning everything to the ground… not pretty…
After that , for the next 2 years I was armed 24/7 and always slept in shifts… no joke…
But hey , that’s really alls life is … just another experience… lot of work… but man I sure did love it… :wink:
@Midwestnewbie
:v::sunglasses:

7 Likes

The series must be pretty accurate then. And I can imagine rolling up on someone else’s grow wouldn’t be good deal out there.

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary @peachfuzz! 4 years a long time brother.

3 Likes

Happy cake day. @peachfuzz

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary @peachfuzz! You’re much appreciated around here :wink::v::bear:

3 Likes

Happy anniversary, @peachfuzz!

3 Likes

Thks you guys… :grin:
you guy’s and gals rock… :wink:
I’ve actually been around for 6 + years but some how I lost my account 4 + years ago and had to start a new one… hopefully all steal be here for years to come… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

10 Likes

Happy anniversary buddy @peachfuzz

3 Likes

This seems like the best place to post this. New discoveries leading to changed plans. I thought I had a good start figured out, but over time, have learned a great deal.

The grow room I was certain would work is a utility room off the garage. I cannot seem to control the humidity and am afraid that the more I close off the air, the more I am going to compromise the function of the gas hot water heater. I tried to think of all sorts of ways around this, but alas, have come to the conclusion I should just get a grow tent and move on.

Since starting, seeds are just starting to sprout and like any parent, I am discovering that there are a ton of things I needed for these little darlings. Being persistent in nature, I have continued to purchase “necessities”. When I finally think I am there, there is just one more thing I haven’t thought of.

I am going to make due with the 2 1000 watt led lights, the humidifier I purchased for the room and the exhaust fan and filter I purchased for the room. The heater I purchased was cheap and I can use it in the garage when I am working out there in the winter. So now, I will need to replace that with a oil space heater. I have my soil mixture complete (or rather it will be complete tomorrow, there were more components missing that I had to retrieve today), the tent arrives on Monday and the exhaust fan is here tomorrow.

I think the seedlings will be out of their dome in a few days, just in time to make it into the tent. I am just shocked at how wrong I was about what I thought this was going to take. Just like newborns, these girls have their needs.

I won’t give up. I am really attached to these “children” already. I would probably have given up if it weren’t for you folks and the support you provide. When you are just starting out, this is really daunting. But to any of you who might be a few weeks behind me, I am thinking the reward far outweighs the sleepless nights thinking you have forgotten something, failed to think of something, done something wrong, or were just silly enough to think you know what you are getting into.

So, all said and done, this really is a journey. We’ll see what the next stage brings. By the way, I thought when I retired I would be building furniture (my father gave me all his tools thinking that I would follow him in his hobby), but now, I am certain I know what I will be doing now and when I retire. I will be continuing this journey with expectation and a renewed sense of anticipation.

This is so much more than just having pot to smoke. In the tradition of home made craft beer and wine (done that), there’s spirit and soul in this endeavor. So cool. So very cool.

6 Likes

How is the new reflector working out?

1 Like

Hey man sorry to be a let down but To Be Completely honest with you i haven’t got to try it out yet, but am dying to see what its about!! Looking for a new home atm, so after i move i will definitely keep you updated…
Did you ever pull the trigger on yours?
@Grandaddy013

2 Likes

Yes I got mine, but didn’t order cords and sockets, because I thought the ones I had would work. WRONG. New cords and sockets should be here today, and hopefully everything is installed tonight

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot or say the model of the ones you ordered ? @Grandaddy013

1 Like

What made you go with the Big daddy over the Ultra grow if i may ask ? @Grandaddy013

1. I’m not familiar with ulragrow
  2. this is the biggest one I could find. Now I can say “mines bigger” LMAO
3 Likes

Seriously, I was looking for a BIG reflector and found this. No reason other than size

1 Like

Plus I liked the fact that they were square, seeing as how my Scrog net is square. I know @peachfuzz has a rectangular net and light

2 Likes

Hahaha right on. Got me by a few inches. Let me know how you end up liking it.

1 Like