Just purchased hlg 600rspec, need advice

I just purchased the hlg 600 rspec and I need advice on hanging height and intensity… I was reading online that for autos it should stay around 48” at 50% for the entire grow. Is this true? The plants are not in a tent but in a normal size bedroom if that makes a difference

1 Like

Not sure where you read that but I’m currently growing 6 Autos with the HLG 600 RSPEC and the light has been about 24" above the canopy. Its a bit higher than that now as I can’t go adjust for a couple weeks. It started at about 25% and at about 5.5 weeks its at about 80%.

This is what they look like;

7 Likes

I run mine about 24 inches above the canopy at around 40% for small seedlings,then about 80% for the rest of the grow.

2 Likes

@emgoldslo just curious, how many plants max could I grow under this light in a 5x5?

2 Likes

@RandyWatson

I use to grow 4 photos in 15 gallon planters in my 5x5… I changes over to 5 gallon AutoPots (spring pots) and I am running 6. This is my first grow with the AutoPots. It could be pushed to 8 plants kept smaller or under as SOG but I like the extra room to keep the airflow moving so for me 6 is max.

I also run the HLG UVA 30 during flower and have found my buds frostier than before using it.

The 3 solo cups will be moved out of there in a couple weeks. Just waiting for gender test results before the females get moved into the veg tent.

5 Likes

24 inches seems about perfect height. Maybe 30 if seedlings and intensity is over 50%.

And a good rule of thumb, most plants get to about 2x2 if kept managable and grown properly. U could ‘squeeze’ 6 decent sized’ or 8-10 smaller 2-3 gallon pot sized plants in there. Just depends on ur grow style/ training/ potsize.

3 Likes

1.=0
2. =140
3. =250
4. =340
5. =420 :grin:
6. =507
7. =565
8. =605
9. =605
10.=605

That’s what the dial settings are on my 600rspec. Those are watts measured with a kilowatt meter.

4 Likes

@emgoldslo can you tag me into your grow in the cc. I am following. but so far behind I am lost for who is who in there now. :grin:

@RandyWatson you can get a ppfd meter app for your phone free that is pretty accurate to help too :grin: