Just ordered auto pots help with coco

Hey everyone. I have decided to make the switch to auto pots. I have ordered the 4pot setup. I am looking for some help as to which coco to use. Do they make any that does not have to be rinsed before using? I was also thinking about adding perlite in with it. Is that a good idea, and if so how much do you add. Do I need to put clay pebbles on the bottom? I will be using Jacks 321. Any help would be really appreciated.

2 Likes

I’ll tag u in my journal. In the beginning it shows everything I’m using. I did not rinse the coco, just expanded it with jacks321. There’s lots of great autopot growers here!

4 Likes

Tons of information on it around here

2 Likes

Canna Coco bricks is what many of us use here. Comes in dehydrated blocks. No buffer needed just rehydrate it with jacks at full strength ph to 5.8 and that’s it.

3 Likes

I use canna coco bricks. I rehydrate with Jacks and calmag

There is a lot of information on the canna coco site about use and preparation. I will also refer you to coco for cannabis. Lots of info on using coco as a medium.

4 Likes

When you set up the autopots it’s recommended to put a layer of clay balls (hydroton) in the bottom and layer the coco above that. That provides the correct amount of moisture through wicking so you don’t overwater. Adding about 25% perlite to your coco is not a bad idea either.

3 Likes