Just one bud turning brown

Just one of my plants has the top bud turning brown. I have this plant growing in a pot outside

That looks like bud rot… look for worms in that bud and check your plant over big time… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Should I remove the bud? I have lots of cats in my garden. Is there away to deal with this natural?:green_heart:

1 Like

Cut that bud off

3 Likes

Cut it off abd toss it away from the garden. Far away. This is s common affliction this time of year. I neem oil my plants but many object to neem oil on flower.

Check twice a day from here on out.

2 Likes

There are numerous treatments for fungus; copper soap, baking soda, potassium bicarbonate, peroxide and water etc. Air flow is a good idea and if you can rig a fan to blow on the plant it will help. You won’t eliminate it but you may be able to control it. The only sure cure is low humidity.

1 Like

I have neem oil. I will cut off bud and spray the rest of the plant.

1 Like

Well, then let me elaborate. I only make edibles with my plants. I also do a hydrogen peroxide wash at harvest. I think even if a person were to smoke the washed flower, they’d never notice the neem oil. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

It dont necessarily look like bud rot dew to fungus… it looks like bud rot from a worm or catapiler eating it from the inside out… :wink:
When dealing with mold or fungus , its usually in more areas on the plant other then just one bud… if you cut that top off , inspect the inside of the bud and see if there is something in there … also go to YouTube and type in (broad russet mites) and hope and pray that that’s not what it is…
I dont think it’s from mold or fungus… just my opinion… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

No low humidity here. :disappointed_relieved: Thank you. Neem Oil will be sprayed

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Don’t spray Neem oil on flowers! You’r finished bud will taste like Neem oil. If you are applying anything it needs to be benign. If it is caterpillars as @peachfuzz suggested (entirely possible) then something more like BtK or Spinosad is in order. Speaking of which I’m going to go dose my plants now with BtK.

1 Like

Cut the friggin thing off right below the rot. It’ll be fine. Part of the game if it’s outside. I just trashed a Chronic Widow that had brown in all the buds. You only need neem oil if there are signs of insects on the fan leaves. I have to keep it on my outdoor plants because of insects. I don’t really see a that with your plants @Smilingcin

The way I look at it is that’s your first test bud for quality purp. I’d just smoke it and make sure it’s not on any more beautiful buds.

If you are going to grow outside in summer, you need to spray regularly with BT or spinosad to control caterpillars. Cabbage loopers fly in and lay eggs, little caterpillars eat buds from the inside out. Parts where they have eaten the stem turn brown and fall out. Look carefully, I bet you have a lot!

BT and spinosad are completely harmless to mammals. You can even spray them on organic veggies and they still can be certified organic. Use up to a week before harvest.

1 Like