Just need some curing reassurance

Ya that explains the grass smell. too early.

Absolutely it’s cool, post some pictures of the bud, as close as you can get. Do you have a jeweler’s loupe to see the trichomes up close? Better than cutting buds off to test.

1 Like

Ok thanks man. I just got one of those handheld digital zoom scops delivered. Hoping it works decent. Had one delivered on Tuesday, but had to return it. If it sucks though, i have a loupe, just a pain to take pics with.

1 Like

Just look at the bud meat and not the sugar leaves when you do whatever you do lol. The sugar leaves throw off amber way before the bud will. Ideally you want something like this…

1 Like

I actually saw some amber on an offshoot, which is wierd because the main colas dont have anything amber on them yet. Will try to find it with the camera. The main colas keep getting new growth with big calyxes so i think its going to be hard to judge them…ill get some good pics though and maybe i can find a few buds to do the trial with. Have been stayng away with the leaves when i check.

1 Like

So i tried taking them in order but it got all messed up so im just posting everything in 2 groups…bud and then trichomes. Including @Covertgrower because hes been helping me a lot with timing, so just to reiterate, im looking to pull 2 to 3 offshoot branches for a trial run at cannabutter, so that way i dont mess up my properly matured and cured bud. This is me experimenting. Ive labeled each trichome shot with a number and ill be able to figure out which offshoot it was…this is only shots of the left plant. The right plant isnt being touched until the proper time.

So basically what im asking is which would be considered furthest long for my experiment…(one of them is actually my main cola which i wont be touching but i cant tell which it is through just the text of the pic, but ill be able to figure it out by comparing later.)

Also wanted to add i tried not including the tiny leaves but they are everywhere on the bud…even wrapped around it some

1 Like

Looks ready to me!

1 Like

The whole plant? This weekend starts week 8 and you had mentioned to reset them to week 6 for flowering transition time…does it look ahead of schedule now that youve seen trichomes? Im about to get very excited haha

1 Like

There are very few white pistils that I can see. Unless it’s different when you’re looking at it. There’s only about 10% clear probably less. That could be on just one flower. Difficult to say with out knowing which flower you looked at, and not seeing how many pistils have receded with out being there.

3 Likes

Those trichome pics are from the main cola and 5 offshoots and i was also wondering why it had so many red pistils…im going to double check everything tomorrow, but if both plants are like that, im going to start my 1 week flush tomorrow.

Im a bit worried my left plant has ripened faster because the 1500 vipraspectra i started using seems to be a lot harder on that plant than my blurple is on my right plant.

I cant check anything til the light comes back on tomorrow but now i know what to look for i feel a lit better. I thought they they were looking pretty cloudy! Honestly thought you guys were seeing something that i was missing and was doubting myself a lot.

Thanks man

3 Likes

Is it safe to do a 2 week flush instead of 1 week, so i can get more amber, or would you recommend 1 more week of nutes then a flush?

1 Like

You can if you want, you’ll end up with more amber, less clear. If you’re okay with that, then go for it. Won’t hurt a thing.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks again. Today is a good day. Got general hydroponics to send me a sample pack for my next grow. Think im gonna give them a shot. Then ill try jacks after and see which of the 3 i preferred, between them and AN

1 Like

The boveda packs pickup smells I can smell. Pulled all mine out

1 Like

In a pinch lettuce leaves will bring it up a bit if you add them in time. Not my idea. Completely stolen from somewhere on here if I recall. Its a neutral add from a smell and taste perspective and provides the same general effect. As I understand it once the curing process stops, its done though, and you have to keep it in the curing state or it all goes sideways. Feedback from a “friend” whose had a few jars of very “pretty hay” at the end of his long and carefully planned process. Your stuff looks great btw and you have some awesome help here. On a final note arguably the best advice I’ve had on “if they are done yet”…was along the lines of “when you think they are about ready”…wait about another week. :slight_smile:

Blockquote

1 Like

Thanks a lot…appreciate it!

@Covertgrower @Highwayman420 these are the offshoots im going to try making my 1st stick of cannabutter with…

I also chopped the tip of one off and im drying it on top of a tray thats sitting on my toaster oven to sample tonight :grin:

Any advice on drying tiny pieces of bud that fell off?

Any leaves with crystals i chopped in half. The half on the bud will get trimmed after drying, and then ill decarb them for hash, oil, or i may just put them in an herb jar and sprinkle over food lol

Stick of butter calls for 7 to 10 grams of bud…does this look like enough?

1 Like

Depends on how much that weighs.

1 Like

So i dont know if you or @Highwayman420 read that post before i deleted but a bit embarassing haha…after the major panick attack it turned into one of the best highs ive ever had. Ive overdone it before but this was different…was absolutely amazing. This is why you all grow your own, and why so much effort goes into it…youre all the gatekeepers to paradise. Glad i found this passion.

2 Likes

Should I restore the post? :joy:
I’ve been there before, it’s not fun in the moment, but later it’s better.

2 Likes

Lmao no thanks…better off staying in the abyss. Yea that was a rough one. Was worth it in the end haha. Just gonna ease off tonight and hope i can push right to that edge. Music took on a whole new feeling last night. That was special.

Do you post any of your grows? I dont think ive ever seen one…you being so good at your craft, would love to see one.

2 Likes

I’ll tag you in my grow. Some bad, some good, and some conversation too.

2 Likes