Just looking for some input on how I'm doing

She is a skittles autoflower getting ready to start week 5 tomorrow from when I dropped the seed in the mother earth brand coco coir and perlite mix only, she got full dose of nutes 5 days out of 7 this week other 2 days she got just water, any input is welcome and appreciated, happy growing everyone!!

3 Likes

looks good. the only comment would be the brow spots on biggest leaves. are you using cal mag?

2 Likes

There is calmag in my nutrients that I’m using but I do have a bottle of it as well that I have not been adding any extra, I was looking at that and was waiting to see if it came up on the new leaves as well

1 Like

If it were me I would cut the streangth back to half and do nutes one day and water the next. I feel like less is best sometime.
Looks good :wink:

7 Likes

@anon86641082 may I ask is there something you see in her that might tell you that, I only ask to learn, thank you

1 Like

With her being so young I feel that the soil would already have enough healthy stuff in it to keep her gping for awhile. With you adding nutes to it 5/7 days her little roots are getting flooded with so many nutes.
From what I can see she looks of. Alittle dark coloring in the upper interior surface but nothing bad.
I only know what I have learned/noticed on past grows. I have found that the plants I grow tend to grow faster and healthier with alittle less nutes than others may suggest.
Happy growing…

6 Likes

A couple of questions need to be answered first before a determination can be made about feed frequency.
The first question is what is the ppm of the nutrient solution?
What is your runoff ppm?
The primary benefit of coco is how often you feed the plants. Very little nutrients are retained in coco and therefore needs to be added with each watering.
Check out cocoforcannabis.
RX Green technologies has a short good article About Coco Coir. It is short and also covers CEC (cation exchange capacity). It is the reason coco works and why you need to feed often.

6 Likes

he is using mother earth coco and perlite, there are no nutes in there and is like growing in hydro. i used this on my first grow. you need to water and feed every day. at this plant size i was giving 1/4 strength nutes about a 1/4 to 1/2 liter of the water nute mix every day.

5 Likes

I see… different beast than soil :wink:

3 Likes

It’s actually not only “like” hydro it is a hydroponic method. Think of the coco as hydroton balls and you as a drip line.

4 Likes

Thank you guys for all the input and feedback, I greatly appreciate it!!! :+1::grin::+1: I will keep you guys updated on how she is doing

1 Like

@anon86641082 @beardless @Deez @Shazm

Hello everyone, I hope everyone has an awesome day. This is my girl, I think I’m getting the hang of this stuff and I’m so excited, thank you guys for all your help, input, and info, I greatly greatly appreciate it!! May all yours buds be fire and huge!! :grin::fire::+1: Happy growing!!

7 Likes

looking good

2 Likes

Yeah, looking green and healthy very nice

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I hope everyone has an amazing day!! So here is my Sunday post of my girl, she is a zkittles autoflower, I dropped her seed in mother earth coco coir and perlite mix only on july 4, she has survived my beginner mistakes and I have been listening to her alot more, I’m using advanced nutrients sensi grow for coco ph perfect A and B, she is in a 10 gallon fabric pot in a 3x3x6 tent, I want to thank everyone who has helped me, you guys are awesome and I have learned so much from the members. Sending good vibes for fat and fire buds, Happy growing everyone!!

@beardless @Deez @anon86641082 @Shazm

4 Likes

Thanx for the tag. Shs’s looking amazing. Nice even shade of grean and pointed out. Solid work :wink:
Happy growing…

3 Likes

She looks happy and healthy. Good luck

3 Likes

Looks great, if you are going to be doing some topping or LST now is the time to get started

2 Likes

My first LST

@Deez @anon86641082 @beardless @Dhooter @Shazm

2 Likes

Well done.

1 Like