Just harvested my first time and its for my own personal use. Should I trim sugar leaves full of trichromes or trim

@Caligurl @JaneQP I don’t partake either and grow for my wife. We are in an illegal state so better growing one’s own plus I really enjoy growing and gardening. She tells me I trim too much off. She does not mind the sugar leaves. I still trim some off and cut them back a bit. I just don’t go crazy with trimming. I also dry trim and find it much easier to obtain the end product I am looking for. This is an example from the last harvest. I may trim the individual buds a bit more but not a lot.

The trim is loaded with trichomes and worth doing something with.
An easy option is to cure and then dry sieve for some very nice kief. Add the kief to a bowl or add to a J. Roll it in a ball and make finger hash (my personal favorite back in the day). Bag or jar the trim, throw it in the freezer because some day you will want to do something with it.

4 Likes

**warning ** DO NOT SMOKE ISO HASH
QWISO (QUICK WASH ISOPROPYL HASH) IS not to be consumed its dam near impossible to purge out all iso remnants … I have made it 5 + times and I always go against advice to not smoke it and I can’t ever get it to where your not damn near dieing coughing from the smallest little speck of a hit… if you want dabble and or consumable you can do same process with ethanol ( moonshine, everclear) alchohol. Or best most volitpe solvent available to the average home owner is Butane or BHO Extraction for that takes a lil more assembly but iso is best used in topical creams it’s not enjoyable to smoke and taste like strait shit every hit I’ve waited hours days weeks purging and it never gets tolerable bho and ethanol are tolerable right away dont waste your trim on iso because u can do ethanol and use it for all the same purposes as iso and then some

1 Like

@fano_man, I was talking about a QWET made with Everclear, if you go to the link I provided, it shows the step-by-step formatting wax/dabs that way and also some recipes.

No not you @Caligurl I was talking about @shady424 they recommended to do a iso wash

1 Like

I’ll be making another round of quick wash when this buds dries you have to decarboxalate it too put in over extremely low for about half hr don’t want to burn the buds so make you shake every now and then 220 230 Fahrenheit

1 Like

Got it! I just re-read that recipe, yeah if there is any ISO left, (which there would be if you only evaporate down to an oil/liquid) I wouldn’t smoke that either… Personally, I would not even want to put it in edibles but many do. I just like the natural grain alcohol.

2 Likes

You can juice the fan leaves. They are said to be full of anti inflammatory properties

2 Likes

That changed for me as soon as I changed jobs and no longer required a clearance. Life is much better now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, counting the days… or I guess years till retirement!

3 Likes

I smoked iso several times thinking I could do it better 5 or 6 times each time equally as harsh and like a 15 minute cough per hit NO BUENO

1 Like

I vote for retirement. Love it. 15 months, don’t know where my phone is. I don’t have to check emails. Is today Monday?

2 Likes

Done ! Almost 9 to 10 weeks flowering

6 Likes

Congrats it’s great to be able to smoke what you have grown :smiley:

2 Likes

Getting it in the jars is a great feeling. Congratulations!
I have the same scissor. It is great for reaching into the bud to snip the small stems.
For trimming and cutting stems I like this style. Faster and easier to use

Some say using Boveda packs during cure negatively impacts the bud’s taste and color. I personally do not use them during cure. I may use them after the cure to increase rh for longer term storage. Once the jars reach desired rh, I remove the packs. Of course there are two sides to their use. Others use them during cure.
Well done. On to next grow…

5 Likes

Im out of :heart:’s but congrats on the first harvest. Beautiful nugs. Good job!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

It makes you lips salty while you smoke. The trick is to not let them actually touch the buds. It will transfer the salts to the bud. Use something like a c vault to keep them separate and they seem to work well.

Yep. I will use one to adjust RH a few %. A couple packs in the lid, once RH is right on, put the bud into jars and seal tight. Ready to seal this one up.

3 Likes