Just harvested my first time and its for my own personal use. Should I trim sugar leaves full of trichromes or trim

I have no interest for my first time and a small plant to try edibles or anything else, I just want to smoke. However I have read good and bad depending on personal preference. What is anyone’s else opinion @PotSmoke @beardless @Caligurl @Bubblehead @shady424

5 Likes

Well i heard that the sugar :fallen_leaf: s have alot of chlor.still in them and may make your smoke a lil harsh and not a smooth smoke. But im not 100% sure but i can tell you that bud looks really good @BetrayedSoul can you answer this

3 Likes

Both buds or the trimmed one

2 Likes

If it’s for your own use and you’re okay with smoking sugars leaves then I’d leave them. They’re very frosty.

4 Likes

@shindig153 my local grow buddy extracts the trim and sugar leaves and makes cannabutter. When I get to harvest she is coming over to teach me how to trim and extract.

4 Likes

I trim as close as I get get and use it in my butter too butter real easy to make you can even do a quick wash oil which I plan on doing with some of the gold leafs I chopped today setting the tent up tonight for the new plants to go in buds look amazing though

3 Likes

@shady424 how do you do an oil wash?

2 Likes

Seems you have help but like @shindig153 said its your own choice. you should try some with them and some without them and see if there’s a difference to you and which 1 you perfer im gonnana try it my next harvest and see .

2 Likes

I to would like top learn about the oil wash @shady424. Is that where yoy put coconut oil in your trim heat shake and strain?

1 Like

@shady424 @Treasurestoy. I want to learn how to get all the benefits from the plants. I don’t imbibe but my husband and grown children do. They are all flabbergasted that their straight laced momma is growing LOL!

6 Likes

LOL!!! Same here! I cannot partake because of my job so it’s really funny that I LOVE to grow! I have a journal on concentrates and edibles if you are interested:

7 Likes

Idk first time harvesting, however the sugar leaves are full of trichromes not a little. I have read both sides of the opinion just looking for actual opinions.

1 Like

Break up the bud not to broken up put in mason jar in freezer over night also put a bottle of iso 99 in freezer after 24 hrs cover the bud with the iso shake jar for 30 seconds to a minute and strain out the lights from the flower I use a special cheesecloth funnel thing that looks like a sock strains it really well I also use a fine sieve before putting it through the floaty put that liquid in a purest baking dish cover with a pantyhose to keep crap out and set a fan on low over it in about day and half to two days alcohol will be evaporated and you’ll be left with a nice oil cook with it dab it do anything you want with it really

2 Likes

Coconut oil you make on the stove I can send you a pic from my new cook book

grab this book not only good recipes shows you every kind of infusion you can make

4 Likes

Thank you so much @Caligurl! I saw your recipe for chocolate bears and I am definitely going to make some!

3 Likes

Magic butter machine

6 Likes

I like to trim the sugar leaves. I look at it like eating. You taste with your eyes first. If you plat looks bad coming from a kitchen at a restaurant you won’t enjoy it as much.

2 Likes

Ok some growers if its for self leave some sugar leaves some take them all off like i said in my first post sugar leaves have chlorophyll in them and change the smoothness of your smoke make it more harsh of a smoke. But there are some that take them all off and use them for other things cause they don’t like to smoke them and on that note thats what was just told to me @GUAB25

2 Likes

Thats for that will do using kief

2 Likes

You can make them as strong as yo want to with the wax (concentrate ) I gave some to a friend and she literally ate one ear, then the other, then the body and then the legs… all at separate times! She has a low terrance… but one bear gave her 5 doses!!!

3 Likes