Just gett'in started again!

Just hope everything stays that way!

Gilly

1 Like

@neckNflu @Covertgrower OK guys, I have a important question for ya! As you can see in the pics there is new growth coming out between the 2 smaller leaves! Should I top these here so each plant will produce 2 more stems on either side of each plant??? I see new growth on either side of the smaller leaves! Would this be a wise decision??? (I’m talking about the lower set of small leaves in the pics where you can clearly see new growth in the middle!)

Thanks much,
Gilly

Topping is a personal decision, and with two tops ready to take the place of the one top. If you’re lucky you’ll get more than two tops. @Gilly

2 Likes

@Covertgrower Gonna take care of that in just a few!

Well, that’s done! This will probably be the last time for me! (maybe, depends on how full they get) Never say never I guess!

Thanks,
Gilly

@Gilly when I grew the first time, I did a little bit of everything. Except topping. I say go for it. I also say try cloning when you can, a lot of people are too scared to try it, but if you do it right the first time and understand how easy it really is, it’ll be second nature. You’ll also be saving a ton of money getting a whole plant for free, and you know it’s a female.

4 Likes

Great point @Covertgrower. I did this and never looked back.

1 Like

@Covertgrower Well man, I can clearly see 4 new shoots per plant about 1/4" long! I may top 1 more time? We’ll see. As far as clones go I’m a small timer. I’m not set up for more than 1 grow at a time. Besides, I have only grown once per year over the last 3 years. If I get at least 10 Oz. a grow that is enough to last me till next time around. I’ve hadta go without for a couple months 1 time but that just gave my system time to clean out for a bit. Once you start smok’in again it just blows ya away! If this GDP turns out as good as its supposed to I will have more than enough to last me till next time. Still have enough from last year ta get by till this is done. Its still illegal where I am so don’t want a bunch go’in at once!

Gilly

4 Likes

I think there are far more “illegal” growers on this forum than legal ones. If you keep it small, there’s less of a chance for it to be noticed.
If you do decide to clone, you’ll need a separate veg space for sure. @Gilly

4 Likes

@Covertgrower @neckNflu My, my how they grow! At this rate I’ll be ready to flower by months end! I have never in my life seen leaves this big! They are HUGE!!!

Gilly

7 Likes

All depends on how big you want them to get, and how much space you have.

@Covertgrower @neckNflu This is why I only done 4 plants this time! Last year I did 5 and it was almost too much for the tent I have! I think 4 will be just right this time! (hope so!) At this rate they will be teenagers before too long!!

Note: I decided to top 2 of the lower branches on each plant. This should help fill it out and will also give me 4 more bud sites per plant! (that’s the plan anyways) I’m done topping for sure!

Thanks much,
Gilly

4 Likes

@Covertgrower @neckNflu Well, I have my net set at 16" (I think) and 2 of the girls are big-e-nuff to start training into the net! The tops and bigger leaves were kind of a bitch ta get through there because they are so big! Gott’er done without breaking any stems and such! I just hope everything turns out OK! These are by far the BEST look’in plants I’ve ever had!!! 4 more weeks of veg and I’ll throw the switch to 12/12!!! Then another 8-10 weeks of flower and it will be time to roll a fatty and get ripped!!! I can’t wait!!!

Gilly
Note: More pics to come soon!!!

3 Likes

It looks like you got it goin on. Good luck and my your harvest be plenty!!! :v::call_me_hand::+1::sunglasses:

If they didn’t look better than your last grow, you’re not learning! @Gilly

@Covertgrower @Dman1969 Thanks for the kind words! I just hope everything turns out OK!

Gilly

2 Likes

It will my friend. Keep on keeping on :v::call_me_hand::+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Isn’t that a great feeling when your grow gets better each time? I know I said it a hundred times on this forum but every grow since I started visiting the website has gotten better and better. I just wish I joined it sooner than I did. Enjoy your grow keep up the good work!

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @neckNflu @Dman1969 You guys are the best!!! Such kind words mean an aw[ful lot to me! I hope this stuff turns out to be 1 hit and done! Was think’in of letting them veg for 3 more weeks but they’re gett’in so big so fast I’m not sure I’ll be able to! Seems like they’re growing 2" a day! Well, guess its time ta get stoned!!!

Thanks again all,
Gilly

Note: Will post most recent pics tonight.

3 Likes

Here’s the most recent pics! Enjoy!

4 Likes

No problem. That’s what everyone is here for. We just like to pay it forward from the people who helped us. That’s what’s so wonderful about this forum… And unique from any other that I’ve seen. 1 is the level of respect that’s given to everyone no matter what the question is. And 2 the amount of knowledge that people have and that they’re willing to share it, for free, just out of the goodness of their heart and wanting to see other people succeed is unbelievable.
Now back to your girls. They look great. Just think about your height that you’re going to need. they typically say think double your plant height during the stretch/ flower phase. Also take into account how far your lights hanging down from the ceiling. And then just kind of work from that. You’re doing great keep it up. Post any questions you have. Have a nice afternoon or evening

2 Likes