Just gett'in started again!

@Covertgrower @neckNflu Hi all! Gotta couple questions??? It may just be me but it sure seems like these girls have a hellava lotta new growth around the main stem??? I don’t remember this with the AK - 47! Is this cool??? Is it possible I was sent Auto’s instead of Fem’s??? I just don’t know? For the life of me I just don’t remember this happening before! Also, how long can you keep seeds (months, years?) and expect them to sprout?

Thanks all,
Gilly

1 Like

New growth down there is just a good sign you’re giving them what they want. With enough light and nutrients.
As far as seeds go, you can store them for years in the freezer, with a silica packet to remove moisture. When you got to plant them, bring them up to temperature before soaking them in water. I’ve kept mine at room temperature but with a silica packet for awhile now. Dark and cool are important. @Gilly
Can you remind me what kind of light you have in your tent?

2 Likes

@Covertgrower HPS! Been using that for all my grows since the 1st one!

Gilly

@Gilly Okay thanks. I didn’t remember covering that.

Those girls look great. Just keep doing what you’re doing. Enjoy your grow.
Just as a side note I keep my seeds in cleaned out old pill bottles then I placed those in a vacuum seal bag and seal it up. I just cut it open and take them when I need them then seal it back up again. Have a nice morning

3 Likes

@neckNflu @Covertgrower Got my Cal - Mag yesterday! Gonna giv’em a bit of a drink today sometime! Sooooo, here’s my question: It says 3 - 10ml per gallon of water. How much should I ACTUALLY use and how often should I use it???

Thanks much,
Gilly

You can use it every feeding, but keep in mind how much nitrogen you’re adding. Especially in flower. Just keep it in mind.
So if you’re nutrients are 10-10-10 (example) and your cal-mag is 10-0-0 you’re actually adding 20-10-10. So your nitrogen does add together basically. @Gilly

1 Like

@Covertgrower Total Nitrogen: 2.0% - Total Calcium: 2.8% - Total Magnesium: 1.2% (water soluble) and Iron: 0.12% (Chelated iron)
Also, I told you wrong! It says to use 5 - 10ml per gallon of water! ( will switch to BIG BLOOM only during flower)

Thanks,
Gilly
Note: I’m also using GROW BIG and BIG BLOOM so I will have to watch very close as not to "overfeed " them!

2 Likes

Well, that was $15 I didn’t need ta spend! Didn’t realize that the GROW BIG had Calcium and Magnesium in it already! Not much but it does have it! Oh well, guess I can use it on and off throughout the grow! (Plus I will be prepared for my next grow)

Gilly

1 Like

I use the fox farm trio too and I also give about 3-5ml of calmag per nute-feeding time. I just followed the fox farm feeding schedule and add my extra cal-mag as I go. Good luck with your grow

1 Like

@neckNflu @Covertgrower Well guys, I must be do’in something right! The girls are look’in FANTASTIC! (I think) Gave them all just a little water (not much) with 1/2 strength nutes. Shouldn’t hafta water for a couple weeks now. The new growth where I topped them is really starting to take off now! So far so good!!! Here’s a few pics of the ladies!

Gilly

4 Likes

Nice job. They look real green happy and healthy. I think you’re on track and taking off now. Keep up the good work and enjoy your grow. Have a nice morning

@neckNflu @Covertgrower Well, I got my humidity problem figgered out! I had my Temp / Humidity Meter too close to my light up high, I moved it down to where the plants are actually growing and now its reading 65% (a little too much but this is with the light off) Hopefully when the light is on it will drop it down around 50% - 53%. We’ll see tomorrow when I check the girls!

Gilly

2 Likes

Yes most people put their meters at about the canopy level, for the most accurate readings. @Gilly

1 Like

@Covertgrower Well, I thought I had it figgered out? What do you use and how do you control it?

Gilly

If you’re using a humidifier and/or ac/dehumidifier, you could hook them up to one of these to keep the humidity in a relatively consistent range.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017IJF2JE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Controlling the environment is another subject @Gilly
Dehumidifiers are used for removing humidity in the air, humidifiers are used to add humidity to the air.
In combination with a ventilation fan, you can control humidity.

2 Likes

Thanks all! @Covertgrower @WonkaMan Just checked the humidity and it was at 52% ! Exactly where I want it! If it stays there is another thing!? Will check into things mentioned for sure! I do appreciate all the help and info!

Gilly

1 Like

@Covertgrower @neckNflu Check out the size of these leaves!!! They’re huge!!! Bigger than my hand and I have BIG hands! Wowzzaaa!!!

Gilly

4 Likes

Isn’t that awesome?! That’s exactly what you want. Think of it like a giant solar panel for your little girl. Keep up the good work glad you’re enjoying the grow. :deciduous_tree::+1::crossed_fingers:

1 Like