Just gett'in started again!

Pistils stacking up like cordwood!

3 Likes

@Dman1969 @Covertgrower @JD419WhyWait OK guys, I need some info. Since I’m growing/smoking for pain, what cloudy to amber percentage should I be look’in for when the time comes? ( to be honest, I do like being “ripped” most of the time!) lol

Gilly

3 Likes

I wouldn’t really know that info enough to give a good answer. I would personally go for mostly cloudy and 30% amber tops I would say, but way more experienced growers will be along.

1 Like

I’m no expert either but if your wanting the cbd effect then you want to get mostly amber. @MattyBear @dbrn32 what is your opinion?

The more amber the more CBN and couch lock effect you will get. 30% amber should do the trick :wink:

1 Like

CBD and THC are similar but not the same. THC does not break down into CBD, it breaks down into CBN (cannabinol), very heavy sleep inducer but different to CBD (Canabadiol). Both THC and CBN bind the same receptors. THC creates the phycoactivity, while CBN induces sleepy time.

Canabanol

3 Likes

@Gilly I prefer 10% or less of amber. For the non-couchlock feel.
But if it’s sleep medicine I would want quite a bit more amber.

2 Likes

Thanks all! I will probably be using for sleep also as I usually only get about 2-3 hours sleep a night! Currently taking prescription sleep meds. Maybe I will just go with 20% amber?

Thanks again everyone,
Gilly

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @JD419WhyWait @Dman1969 Hi all! Man, my baby girls are stacking on the bud like crazy!!! Saturday will be 5 weeks into flower! These GDP are stacking bud WAY faster than the AK - 47 did! Unbelievable!!! If everything goes according to plans I should end up with a decent amount of smoke!!! Gett’in antsy!!!

Take care all,
Gilly

4 Likes

That’s looking awesome friend!!!:sunglasses::+1::call_me_hand::v:

Stacking sticky goodness!!

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Dman1969 @JD419WhyWait Just took a real good look at my girls with the microscope on my phone and I’m VERY pleased to say the least! LOADED with Trichomes already at week 5 of flower! They keep this up for the next month and they will be falling over from the weight! Very, very pleased indeed! If I can get a minimum of 10 ozs. I’ll be a happy camper for sure!!! Maybe 1 more shot of nutes and then its gonna be 6.0 ph water till the end!!! Looks like its gonna be a good year after all!!!

Gilly

3 Likes

This is going to be awesome @Gilly

@Dman1969 @Covertgrower @JD419WhyWait Day 39 and everything is look’in great so far! Reminds me of my 1st grow. Buds are stack’in it on like crazy! I’m hop’in 3 more weeks but probably gonna be longer than that! I need all you’ins opinion . What is the absolute BEST way to dry my weed? Hang each individual bud or each individual stem with all the buds intact? Also, is it best to wet trim or dry trim?

Thanks all,
Gilly

4 Likes

@Gilly I’m still trying to make up my mind weather I want to cut as it’s ready or harvest all at once. Mine are taking there sweet time on the amber. @Covertgrower & @JD419WhyWait can probably help a lot more. Your grow looks very awesome!! Keep on keeping on!! :sunglasses: :+1::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

@Gilly I prefer wet trim, here’s why.
When wet trimming, and the flower starts to dry the leaves kind of shrink into the flower. It makes for a nice presentation. It’s also easier in my opinion to wet trim.

Harvesting, I take an average of all of the buds, between cloudy, to amber. I prefer 10% or less of amber if possible. (Sometimes they change quick!)

Usually if you’re seeing amber, they’ve went through their final swell, and they’ve pretty much packed on as much weight as they ever will.

I know @MattyBear trims his flowers on the stems and let’s them hang to dry.

2 Likes

I may hafta do a selective harvest as well. I’m pretty sure its not gonna all be done at the same time.

Gilly

2 Likes

@Gilly I think it’s more good bud for your buck. I’ve never done it but I’m fixing to give it a shot. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Hell yeah! Why cut it if its not ready! Just keep a close eye on the trichomes and cut the buds as they mature (10/90 % or 20/80 % Amber to Cloudy.) which should equate to MORE SMOKE! (so I would think)

Gilly

1 Like

@Dman1969 @JD419WhyWait @Covertgrower Hey all! Well………………… this is a bit off topic but thought I would share. Getting a new steel roof on my house. Before they put the steel down they put a layer of foil backed bubble sheeting down. When I seen it I thought man, this would be the PERFECT stuff to line a grow room with! It comes in 4’ x 125’ rolls ($69 Roll) and 1 roll would do a decent sized grow room! This stuff will reflect light WAY better than any grow room I’ve seen! Have a look-see!

Gilly

5 Likes