Just curious ....about lighting I bought

So I’m already almost done with my grow and they are pretty impressive but I I have one question as im reading through people’s lighting what to buy what not to buy and I feel like I might have messed up lol. I mean they are pretty big ill let you all know what I get for a yield but I have to ask who knows about these lights or can tell me because it’s what I used I thought they did a good job but maybe if I would have used something different they would have been more…idk just pondering. I will put pics of my plants and the type of light that I bought 5 of lol please ANY AND ALL feedback good or bad

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 @beardless @Newt @BobbyDigital @oldmarine just tagging few people that have commented earlier on other posts to hear your wisdom

That’s a fairly small light. I don’t think it’s enough to flower a plant to a good harvest. It would likely be a good light to keep clones, in a small tent, or even to veg a single plant and get it ready to flower. What space are you trying to light?

@Newt these are the lights I used 5 of them for my grow… I posted pics of my grow and the lights I just wanted peoples feedback because when I bought all this for my grow I didn’t know that these lights weren’t very adequate but they seemed to grow my plants nicely im just wondering what would have been if I would have used different ones

1 Like

If youre spending over 400$ on lighting? You go BIG. If ur questioning the brand? U already know the answer. Any SERIOUS investments in the grow? Be in light, nutes, seed genetics? Dont half step. Invest in yourself.

Go ahead and send them back (if possible) and go HLG. You can buy their 3-4 year old tech and possibly beat expectations.

All that said, u have sweet nuggs growing. If ur comfortable with it stay the course. And improve as a grower… but eventually ull want to upgrade regardless

4 Likes

Ahh… And 5 of them is a whole different animal!

2 Likes

I have some. I use in veg and clone mostly. They will isolate a smaller plant well for flower. Never had any issues. I buy various lights on sale. Take a little loss if do not like and sell. Keep others to play with isolating different plants when i mix up my flower tent.

2 Likes

I was just curious how bad I messed up spending almost 400 -500 on lighting and wondering if I spent 5 hundred on them quatom boards or whatever everyone is talking about. Idk like to say they did a good job but it my first grow so I really don’t know how it would have turned out If I had used really good ones. But I appreciate your guys feedback that all I was looking for really. I’m just patiently waiting to see my yield and of it was worth it lol

1 Like

Its all good man. I waited around here a couple years before pulling the trigger. Went the DIY route tho. Built my lights for a nice profit.

Its not about ‘these lights wont grow great weed’ its those lights can grow ‘great dense bud nuggs’

9 Likes

@PurpNGold74 ohhhh… ok I see where your coming from

3 Likes

Lights are lights. Cheap lights grow bud too. The real difference between quality lights and cheap lights is their durability and efficiency. If you don’t have a big grow op, efficiency isn’t really that much of a concern. The durability may be, however. If you’re burning out leds in a year and having to replace the lamp because of it, you’re not saving money. I have some quality leds that have been running everyday for 3 years, non stop, and still as efficient as when I bought them.

7 Likes

Even though I’m a newbie my first round I got dual 2x4 tents Mars hydro SL 3000. I’m very pleased with the price very pleased with the results for my first time. Just like someone said do research for at least 2 months then decide what’s best for your application. I know there is another light company that get in high regards but for my first time and price range, mars hydro SL 3000 tent combo $380 each + tax free shipping X2 was a no brainer.
Final tally 2 tents and a lot of add-ons = $2,500 LOL. Also I got a lot of help from this website which has been awesome thank you everybody.
I forgot to say the Mars hydro SL 3000 can be Daisy chained and have one controlling dimmer power. I thought from my little compact 2x4 tent this is all you need

3 Likes

How big is the area u have there now. Looks long

I’m guessing maybe like 12 feet it is long …lol

1 Like

As long as u have enough light for it. Have as much space as u need buddy. Lol. Looks nice wish I had more room to expand a bigger flower room.

2 Likes