Just Checkin Symptoms

Hi Team,

I just want to check the symptoms of my little girl. The bottom leaves are dying but not yellowing before doing so, just seem to be drying from the tip backward. From what I have read here, this could be a lack of Humidity, to much water or lights to far away from the plant. I can check each of these systematically, but needed to check with the Pros :slight_smile: Thoughts?

1 Like

Good morning @BlackDog

You need to fill this support ticket out ASAP

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

would be my first suspect with no info available yet

Hey thanks Bob! will jump on that now.

Strain; = Indica / Strawberry Kush

Soil in pots = High Quality Potting Mix, Topped with DE

System type? = Std 8L Pots with bottom trays for water/feed etc.

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? = NA

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS = NA

Indoor = 200L Plastic Barrel

Light system, size? = 120W Full Spec. LED 300 x 300mm

Temps; Day, Night = steady at 75

Humidity; Day, Night = NA

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size = Passive Induction

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, = NA

Co2 = 1L soda stream every 3 days.

How are you using that soda stream , ( ie ) co2… ?

:v: :sunglasses:

Hey mate! Yep. Since the Plant is in a drum and I am using passive Cirulation ie. a pattern of holes in the bottom of the drum allowing the heat from the lights to draw in and dissipate through an adjustable vent at the top.

I over pump a 1 litre bottle of water with C02 from my soda stream. It slowly releases co2 over the period of 3-4 days, at which point I replace the bottle with fresh one. I read that the volume of co2 compressed into a 1litre bottle was around 8 grams. So I figured I would try that VS a Co2 generator :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your “high quality potting mix” is it soil or ?

Most likely your problem. You need to know the pH of your water.

You need a pH tester and pH up and down solutions. Absolutely mandatory!

What country are you in?

Hey Bob! thanks for the reply Mate. Yes potting mix is soil. OK I will get a ph tester first thing and go from there. Appreciate it!

Oh and New Zealand :wink:

2 Likes

OK then :+1::+1::+1: water in pH to 6.7 and that should make a tremendous difference to you. Are you using tap water?

No, no tap water, Water comes from the house underground spring.

1 Like

nice. Thats some good water. Not sure what your ph is going to be like though? Rainwater usually is spot on or very close. Not sure about spring water. Interested to see, though.

I’m gonna tag in a couple of the mentors/ mods to see what they think else might be going on with your girls. @Aquaponic_Dumme @Paranorman @Majiktoker

We have a support ticket and pictures at the top of the post. We have already discussed pH but I think there is more than pH going on here

Humidity could likely be a problem thats overall creating these health problems get a hygrometer to measure humidity and that is very important as this has to do with how much they eat and drink

1 Like

You guys rock! Thanks team, I will post data as soon as I have it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So a quick update.

• Temp is about 79-80, I am working on bringing that down a couple.
  • Ph is at 5.5 but I have just added some Cal-mag so I hope that will pull it up a little.
  • I just watered & the Moister Meter is “WET”

The only thing I have not been able to track down is a Humidity Meter, but hope to have one in a day or two.

Todays Pics.

My Standby Lady

My cut in half Fighter

Should I snip back the Browning Leaves?

No I would not suggest to cut anything off of the plant at this point and time … what I would suggest is to just keep feeding your plants water for the next week and a half to two weeks with a good pH of 6.5 - 6.7 if you’re in soil and that’s all I would suggest from here on out until things start to recover and you notice good growth … :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks PF! Will do. As a first timer, I have gone very fond of my little Kush’s I would hate to lose them :wink:

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken you are growing in some sort of the earth pot kind of thing where you are in a bucket with one plant and one light and honestly it could be a heat issue with not enough moisture , but either way I would stick to what I suggested above for now until I know more about what you are doing… I will have to look further back into your thread… :wink:

1 Like

@BlackDog you are in good hands these guys will get you to where you want to be good growing and great day

2 Likes

Thanks Mate! Yes I get that feeling, seems like a good family here :slight_smile: You too mate have a killer weekend!

1 Like