Just change my wh boards

Ok I just pulled the plug on my lights to change the qb boards. Now the lights will not come back on. I bypassed each board no luck. Dbrn32 can you help

1 Like

@dbrn32

2 Likes

Thanks you

2 Likes

Have a picture of how things are wired and which driver you’re using?

2 Likes

1 Like

Looks correct. Have you verified vo+ wire is going to a positive terminal on board and vo- wire is going to negative terminal on board? Then your series circuit goes from -to+ and +to-?

Which boards there? Qb 132 v2?

1 Like

I had you help build these like 3 years ago and they have been working great but I noticed the plants under this set of lights were growing slower than the lights I made 2 years later

1 Like

Yep I checked that I just had to go out to get a new circuit tester

1 Like

Oh yes there qb132 but I think they might be v4 I’ll check

1 Like

Nope there v2

1 Like

Everything should be in order then. Usually when something like this happens it is something with how one of the wires is fit into connector. Like the wire isn’t stripped enough and the connector is clamping on insulation instead of bare wire. Or wire is stripped too far and bare copper is touching board or frame. Maybe not inserted all the way into connector or connector is broken.

I see you ran driver leads straight to the boards. The connectors aren’t really designed to accept wire that large, and can break them pretty easily. I would go through and double check each connector and make sure nothing like that is happening. If you don’t see anything there, then take some voltage measurements.

1 Like

Ok thanks I’ll check it out

1 Like

I think my drive died

Why you say that?

1 Like

I was wrong I took it apart and changed the wire I wasn’t using solid core wire before so I changed it to that and there working fine now thanks for the help

3 Likes

Awesome news!

If I had to guess maybe you had a stray strand or two of wire that wasn’t in a connector and creating a ground condition. If driver identified ground condition it will go into protect mode and turn off.

3 Likes

I bet you’re right that has got to be it

1 Like

hurray!

2 Likes