Just beginning I will be needing your help

are they good to go straight into their forever homes or should i start them in something else? I’m going to go with the gorilla glue, bruce banner, and girl scout cookie extreme auto

Welcome! Once you get the ‘grow itch’, you are going to find that you will want to upgrade everything. Like everyone said, light is most important along with environment and nutes. I have 3 unused lights in my closet, but i will use them for vegging. Good luck to you, i am goinf to follow you…
I put seed in their 5 gal fabric pots right away. Haven’t had a problem. But, that’s me. Listen to the pros.

2 Likes

Will be posting pictures along the way.

anyone have any suggestions on humidifiers, dehumidfiers, portable AC units. Again I am in GA and sometimes it gets very hot. I will be using the 4x4.

48x48x70 square foot space should not be hard to find accessories . You can get plenty of inspiration from youtube .

Personally, I feel my autos suffered a bit from being planted in 5 gal pots from seed. I transplanted one of them to a larger pot about halfway through the grow, and she grew to be twice as large as the others.

My theory is that the roots need a confined area to expand into for fast growth, and a large pot has too much room, and too difficult to water appropriately. So I’m continuing to practice transplanting, but you’ll soon find what works for you and what doesn’t.

2 Likes

Look ok for ur first grow only do two plants cause its going to be overwhelming as it is for a new grower

1 Like

Ok I’ll start with 2 plants I was only going to do 3 because the pack came with GG,BB,and GSCEA in it

Right now I’m looking at ac units and humidifiers any suggestions I see they have a couple that come with both in them. Ok I’m going to go with the transplant. What should I start in and what kind of soil should I start in? I’m leaning towards the forever homes to be 5 gal cloth with the Ocean Forest soil

Rocket Fuel soil is better FFOF is hot :fire: but its good stuff once the roots are establish . Many start with Happy Frog , I wrote a journal on layering your soil from less organic on top to more organic on bottom so as the roots grow ibto the more organic the plants will be established enough for nutrients and micro life feeding . Works great if you get it layer correctly .
Yes its many units on the market tgat does both , Cool and dehumidify some even heats as well . You have to find the unit you can afford at cost for the square footage of the tent by multiplying all 4 sides together for your space . I can tell you many brands , Hisense has a cheap affordable dehumidifier , Ac/ heat unit but i dont know your budget . :thinking: researching is very important than just asking , ill save you a ton of money cause everyone tent setup is different and what works for them might not be idea to work in your space even if the tent is the same size . Its other climate factors that plays a role . Always research and read :books:, but youtube can and will save you money cause its tons of videos on each product you buy is been used in a video grow tent on youtube and that is a live visual on component performace . Now keep in mind all the best equipment dont guarantee big buds , its still an artristry to it and basic math but with great accessories your chances are much greater for quality bud.

2 Likes

Okay I’ll look into the rocket fuel soil I have heard that the ocean forest is hot. I really don’t have a budget per se. If I see something I like I get it. I’ll start it out in the happy frog. What pots should I use at first? Definitely want the all in one ac/heat/dehumidifier combo

Thank you for the information.

1 Like

The FFOF does run a little bit hot for seedlings, but don’t let that scare you away from it. The worst it ever did for me was burn the tips early on, but probably had more to do with my erratic watering schedule and also starting nutes too soon.

As @yoshi pointed out, it’s tough for anyone to give you a solid list and send you off to buy it and expect success. We can certainly give advice, but it’s up to you to build out your grow space, as you’ll have to deal with all your location specific environmental issues. For example, everything that I have, including the heater and the humidifier/dehumidifier are because I have a leaky basement and had to adjust accordingly. So because of the moisture in my basement I had to have the heat up a little higher, fans on high, and exhaust maxed out to regulate temp and humidity for the plants. So while everything that I have works well for me, my specific setup might not work for many others, if not most.

But definitely start with the environment. Once you can dial that in, you can add light and plants, and let them thrive

1 Like

I was thinking of getting the Jacks 321 nutes. @DrWatson420 I will definitely get the environment down first when the complete kit gets here I’ll check the temp and humidity and go from there. THANK YOU to everyone with the advice

2 Likes

The kit does come with the MarsHydro TSW 2000

I’m a little late to the party. Just here to drop info about Green Beams lights. I have two of their 240s in my 3x3. They also sell a 480 W for $399.

I am so happy with these lights!

Diodes - 1152 top-bin diodes. Samsung Lm301B and Epistar 660nm. Full Spectrum, which is ideal for all growth phases. Our light spectrum is tailored by 3000K warm white, 5000K neutral white, and 660nm deep red diodes to optimize growth.
Driver - 480W Meanwell HLG driver (the best Meanwell driver, as opposed to XLG or ELG).

I like having the two lights, I feel it’s more flexible as I have them at different heights to achieve proper DLI for the girls. But you’re only looking at 30W/sq foot in a 4x4. Three 240s would be better, or a 480 plus a 240.

Current prices are $399 for the 480 and $199 for the 240. It has been mentioned to me that the owner of the company is willing to negotiate a bit on price.

green-beams dot com

Oh and, the Mars tent is a decent one, my first tent is a 2x2 Mars. I like my AC Infinity 3x3 better, but that’s due to it having a window and more vents.

1 Like

will i need a different light?

1 Like

Welcome to the community !

1 Like

Jacks 321 is hands down the easiest and cheapest nutrients to use. You can go from start to finish on the same schedule, only adding things if you want to. I switched to jacks and have no intention on looking back

2 Likes

Yes.
The lights that come with those kits are basically enough for one plant. You’ll need to add more light if you want more plants, or even to maximize a single plant. That 480w for 400 is a pretty good deal.

As a grower, you will always need a new light :joy:

5 Likes