Just beginning I will be needing your help

Please help me along with the process I am doing this from beginning to end and will be posting pictures to stay along. First thing first how many plants should I put in a 4x4 marshydro tent

9 Likes

There’s a lot of variables there, but the biggest one is what kind of light do you have? That will more or less determine how many you can have, as you don’t want plants fighting for light

4 Likes

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answers to your questions once hey have an idea of what you are doing.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?

Otigin of seeds?

Regular, feminized, or autoflower?

Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?

PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?

Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.

Nutrients or fertilizer system used.

What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.

What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?

What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?

Co2 Yes / No?

How long have you been growing?

What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?

If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

4 Likes

I am just at the beginning I have not started the grow yet I just ordered the marshydro grow tent 4’x4’ they say it will include a TSW 2000 LED light

2 Likes

I was going to get the super AUTO for the seeds which includes gorilla glue, Bruce banner, and Girl Scout cookies extreme auto

4 Likes

Does anyone know what the big difference is between thermostat controlled grow tent kit and the regular one

are you the tents that come with exhaust fan system?

First off and most important is adequate light. Using the old metric in a 4 X 4 you need 800 watts from the wall and not what the ‘equivalent’ wattage claimed by manufacturer. IMO the best light out there other than diy is Horticulture Lighting Group. There are a few others: high end Spyder Farmer, California Lightworks, CHILled Tech etc. Using any of these lights with state of the art diodes means you are running closer to 30 watts per square foot instead of 50. Lots of light sellers claim performance values but they are simply riding the coattails of serious light manufacturers to justify ridiculous performance claims.

Light drives all processes. Without proper light, nutrient uptake is poor and yields suffer.

I will also weigh in on auto vs. photo: go with photoperiod as they are much more forgiving.

Use good cannabis optimized soil (if doing soil) but look at using coco and Jack’s (numerous threads on here).

Buy good meters: a good PH meter and a decent TDS meter will end up being your most-used instruments and really necessary for indoor container growing.

Get a water report from your municipality and if the TDS is up above about 300 ppm delivered to your faucet, consider an R/O system.

Ask questions. You are with a great group of helpful growers who live to help you grow good cannabis.

13 Likes

I’m not sure about the thermostat controlled tents. I looked up a few and seems like they come with a small controller for your exhaust/intake fan and one more outlet. I assume you could use that other outlet for a heater, but most specs say it’s for a clip fan. But I’m also assuming that you’ll need to regulate more than the airflow to keep temp and humidity in check, so may want to look at some other options. If you already ordered it, then just let us know how it goes when it arrives. I’m certainly curious to know more about it

1 Like

Will do I will be posting pictures every step of the way. I was looking at the difference between autos vs photos and I choose the autos I am assembling this tent in a shed with no insulation any ideas?

1 Like

@DrWatson420 what tent would you recommend, I am leaning toward the complete kit so I won’t have to buy all the stuff needed and because I’m not good at

I don’t have a specific recommendation. I bought an IPower 4x4 kit and was extremely unimpressed with the quality. I will say it’s been sufficient for my purposes, as it’s in a dark area of my basement, but it definitely has light leaks and even tore in one of the corners.

Looking back, I wish I had spent more upfront to get a better quality tent.

Also looking back, everything that comes in that tent kit can be purchased through Facebook marketplace, craigslist, etc, usually new, for much cheaper. So, it’s really up to you and what you want to get out of it that will determine what you need. In my 4x4, I probably won’t ever grow more than 2 plants at a time. I had 4 the first time, and they all suffered some from the lack of space. Right now it just has a single plant in there, and she couldn’t be happier.

Your best bet is to come up with a solid plan for what you want to do. Then you can ask specific questions related to what you’re trying to accomplish. Again, there’s so many variables, and honestly, the tent is pretty low on the list of things that truly matter.

Go through the forums here, and take a peek at what other people are running, and you can see their results as well. May give you some ideas as to how you want to proceed. And by all means, keep asking questions. We will keep answering lol

1 Like

This might be a little tough depending where you live, as these plants prefer a fairly warm climate. 70+ degrees generally.

So with no insulation, you will more than likely need a heater, or depending where you are located, an air conditioner

I’m in GA so it’s hot during the day but cold at night

I don’t know what a moon phase is

@yoshi are you say the TSW 2000 isn’t strong enough?

It will work , but if you want more light thats just some options for cost . You can always buy HLG boards they cost what they cost though.
If you considering outdoors , dont put your plants out until the moon goes into its soring full moon soltices which means winter is over , the Asians calls it they New Year’s cant wait to go eat food at the Temple and they drink !

1 Like

It looks like I’m going to start with 3 plants in a Marshydro 4x4 grow tent