Just about to harvest should I give them one more good watering

Hello everyone, I hope you guys are doing good. I really appreciate all the help I’ve gotten from you guys over the last few months. Two of the five plants that I am growing are just about ready for harvest. The trichomes have just started to turn cloudy and Amber. Should I give them one more good watering or not?

1 Like

These are the 2 I’m about to harvest

3 Likes

I personally water to the end. Just me.

4 Likes

I agree with Storm. Water until you’re ready to harvest.

3 Likes

I water at the end to make the drying process longer

5 Likes

Since I’m kinda new to this, what’s the benefit of a longer drying process? Last year when I was drying, I was so worried about trying to keep the climate/environment in that space perfect, which was not easy. Of course I need to do some more research on how & what is the perfect climate.

Water till end. Have the trichomes turmed amber

1 Like

I even water them while they re in their 48 hours of dark

2 Likes

so the goal is 60 degree at 60% humidity for 16 days. That allows all the chlorophyll to break down and gas off (which is why it smells like hay when it’s drying).

So I bought a 2x2x3 and a 2x2x4 tent, I put them on my washer and dryer. I keep my house at 67 so that’s the closest I can get to the 60 degrees target temperature. I put a fan in each tent and then put a tupperware bowl of water in the tent. You can move the bowl of water around in the tent until you hit a perfect 60%. Generally it’s to the side of the fan and not right in front. Don’t point the fan directly at the hanging marijuana.

I then put a negative ion generator on top of the tents and it completely kills any smell.

1 Like

2 Likes

A good watering To run off will be fine. :v:

1 Like

You want a longer dry to preserve terps( they evaporate at less then 50% rh) and to draw the terps stored in the stem out into the buds

2 Likes

The trichomes are starting to turn amber on 2 of the 5 plants. I would guess that 2 more of them won’t be far behind, but I have 1 plant that I called the runt in the beginning, because she didn’t really grow at all for almost a month. She’s no longer a runt, but she seems way behind the others. Could that be because she’s been in a tent, most of her grow and she does look way different than the others.

These girls are 110 days old today

Nice …,…

1 Like